58 - Complexity of Relationships

She in the mask of surprising him was actually shredding pieces of evidences against him, her forever favourite case.

Check author's note at last.

•|🍁|•

Celicia gazed at herself in the mirror, wearing a blue floral frock with her hair open. She looked lovely. If she were a boy, she would have had a crush on herself, she thought with a giggle.

Unless it had vanished into nothingness. Sighing heavily, she said to herself, "Things will get better. I just need to apologize to him for my behavior. He's not the brightest, but..." She blushed. "He's good."

Nodding to herself, she walked out of her house, locking it behind her. Her mother was working another shift at someone's house, and her father was busy at the factory, as usual.

God, they had so many expectations from her, and yet, here she was, waiting for him to come and pick her up like a helpless creature. Of course, she could have gone alone, but she was reluctant. She liked having someone around when she went out, and besides, she wasn't good with directions. It was no harm to rely on someone; it was a win-win for her.

As she walked, she noticed him approaching from the corner of her eye. He had a slightly different appearance, his usually tousled hair combed differently than the previous day. He wore a black shirt with beige pants, which accentuated his lean frame. His hands were shoved into his pockets, and he adjusted his glasses before looking down at the ground.

His eyes slowly met hers as he paused beside her, their faces aligning. With a slow gulp, "I'm sorry for yesterday," he said, and she echoed the same apology.

They both let out an embarrassed chuckle, followed by a moment of silence.

Not wanting to prolong the awkwardness of the previous day, they subconsciously decided to move past the apology. He gestured toward the empty road, and she understood, starting to walk as he followed behind her.

"Anything special today, Shyamanand?" she asked over her shoulder, trying to ignore the flutter in her stomach.

"Thought to update myself, if not my face, then my clothes," he said with a smirk.

She chuckled, "You don't have a dull face." Her eyes sparkled with mirth.

"Perhaps because you took away all the brightness?" He raised a brow, and she laughed again, her face flushing as she froze in place.

Strolling back into the penthouse, Anirudh halted at the library, gawking at the mess with disappointment. He sighed.

Crouching on the ground, he scooped up the small pieces of glass in his hand, cursing himself for breaking the utensils.

"Here," Bestiny crouched next to him, brooming the small pieces to one side and then putting them in a tray.