54 - Shuttlecock

For leaving an addiction,
he can't afford another one.

For leaving an addiction,he can't afford another one

•|🍁|•

As he tried to think deeply about it, he realized he was growing accustomed to sleeping next to her. The past few nights had brought out a desire in him to hold her in his arms, even when his mind was reluctant. He couldn't help but give in to the temptation every time.

What kind of feeling was this? When all he wanted was to keep her close within the confines of his arms. When he wanted nothing else but her by his side from start to finish every day. When all he wanted was for his soul to stir deeper into her embrace, and it became overwhelming. The kind of feeling that erased all of him, leaving only them in the end.

Earlier, when he tucked her into bed half an hour ago with a heavy heart, he had made up his mind to draw boundaries. Her condition had improved slightly, and there was no IV attached. So, he decided he wouldn't sleep next to her anymore.

For the sake of avoiding an addiction to sleeping pills, he couldn't make her arms his next temptation. If his insomnia was to churn him out, it could, but he wouldn't allow another regret.

Sleeping hadn't crossed his mind after talking to Sampoorna and hearing the news about Tulsipur and his family. Even when he stepped into his room to focus on the work he wanted to give his undivided attention to.

"Aise tukur tukur kya dekh rahe hain?" she asked with a frown on her lips.

"I was thinking; I won't be sleeping next to you hereafter," he asserted.

"Why?"
"Because a girl and a boy can't be doing this."

"We are best friends."
"Still no."

"Why?"

"Questioning everything and being stubborn isn't good, Bondita." He said aloud. "Some things are there that you need to understand by yourself."

"I'm not going to stay here forever for you. Neither in your life. Why the hell are you expecting things on an everyday basis?" He lashed out his frustration, regretting it seconds later.

Bondita looked at him, hurt by his words. She blinked back the tears approaching her eyes.

'I'm not going to stay here forever for you. Neither in your life.' The words echoed silently with drumsticks in the room.

A lump formed in Anirudh's throat. He stepped forward to explain himself, but she was quick to nod at his words and lie down on the bed.

Spreading her arms and legs over the bed like a toddler, in case there was any space left, she wasn't letting him sleep there now. Only she will sleep here.

"B-Bondita, listen—"
"Good night." She feigned dozing off.

If being close made him uncomfortable, she would give him ample space. If it bothered him, she wouldn't press the issue. Her SakhaBabu deserved better.