Chapter 14 Is it Too Soon?

The next day, Adrien woke up on the sofa in the hotel. He texted Marinette.

    ...Morning, Marinette.

  Marinette texted him back...Good morning, Adrien.  Are you coming over for breakfast?

   Adrien's text...Yes, I will be over right away.

      Marinette...Good, can't wait to see you. My roommate Alix is excited about meeting you.

         Adrien thinks I want to be your roommate. No scratch that, I want to be your husband.

     Adrien walks to Marinette's place, which she shares with Alix. He rings the bell. The door is answered by some pink-haired girl wearing green and black shorts, a green tank top, green sandals, a bracelet, and green dangly earrings.  

      "Hi, you must be Adrien," Alix says.

       "Yes, and you must be Alix," Adrien responds.

      "Nice to meet you, Adrien. I must be going I have a date and he is probably already wondering where I am. I am running a bit late," Alix states. She leaves.

       Adrien goes inside and sits on the sofa. He sees Marinette enter the room with a smile.

          "Hi, Adrien," Marinette says.

         "Hi, Marinette."

             "Oh, let's eat breakfast before the food gets cold," Marinette tells him. She shows him into the kitchen. The two enjoy a nice breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon, and peaches. They each drink coffee with creamer, water, and a small glass of orange juice. 

               Adrien burps once he finishes. "Excuse me, that meal was rather divine," He says.

             "Well, then, I am glad you enjoyed my cooking," Marinette says.

                  Adrien suggests they go outside. Marinette agrees. They sit on chairs on her back patio to enjoy each other's company. While out there, Marinette kisses him. At first, he is taken aback since it is the only other time she has kissed him since she admitted she loves him. The last time was yesterday.  He returns the kiss. He feels her tongue join his and he likes it. He likes it more than he expected too.

             Marinette lays a hand on his knee. She can't believe he does not pull away. She hopes he is not uncomfortable.  She breaks the kiss. She moves her chair in front. She notices the sun's rays have gotten hard. She asks Adrien to put the umbrella up on the patio table.

           "Sure thing, Marinette." He does as she asks, then scoots the table close enough to give them more shade. He sits back in the chair.

            Adrien blushes as Marinette reaches up and removes her shirt. He closes his eyes. He thinks she will reveal more skin, then he is ready to see. Sure he loves her, but he is not ready yet. He hears her laughter and opens his eyes. He sees that she has on a thinner shirt. Oh, so that was only the over-shirt. He breathes a sigh of relief.

          "Adrien, you know, I was thinking, we should go for a swim," Marinette says.

               Adrien blushes even more at the suggestion. "Y-yeah. That sounds fine," He says.

                   He goes back inside and enters the extra room. He pulls off his shirt and the rest of his clothes. He changes into the swimming trunks he brought with him. He exits the room. He sees Marinette smirking at him.  He checks her out.  "Whoa, holy tamole-e!" He does not realize he said this out loud. He thinks she is one hot babe.  

                  "I take it, you like my swimsuit then, right, darling?" Marinette places one hand on his chest as she speaks. Adrien thought who knew she could be such a flirt?

                 "Y-yes, You look beautiful!" Adrien answers. Great he thought I stuttered some. Why is that I wonder?

                 Marinette wears a pink swimsuit with polka dots on it. It looks something like this.

      Swimsuit photo found on www

      Swimsuit photo found on www. pinterest.com

  *Author's note: No wonder Adrien felt like blushing, and stuttering when he saw Marinette wearing the swimsuit.

     Adrien and Marinette went outside. Marinette took some towels, a cooler, and other things with her.  

"Adrien, mind putting sunscreen on me?" Marinette asks.

   Adrien tries not to think about how adorable she is as he lathers the sunscreen on her neck and rubs it in, and then he puts sunscreen on her back, arms, legs, and feet. He has her turn around to face him. He puts some on her stomach and chest areas.

   Now it is Marinette's turn to blush. She puts sunscreen on him and rubs it in.

    The two get into the pool, Marinette is first, then Adrien. As they relax in the pool, Adrien has one thing, on his mind, "Is it too soon to ask her to marry me?"

       Marinette seems oblivious to his inner thoughts. She smiles over at him, the entire time she thinks he looks so handsome without his shirt on. It is the first time, she has seen him in his swimming trunks too. She thinks, Is it too soon for me to want him to ask for my hand in marriage?

Neither of them knows they are thinking mostly the same thing.

 Cute isn't it?

 Find out more in Chapter 15

  Until then,

bye-bye, 

little owlets!

Summer out!