Chapter 3 Not So Warm Welcome

"Dad, they are adorable!''  Adrien's sister says.

            Everyone rides to the Agreste house in silence. They go inside and Mrs. Agreste shows Marinette the guest bedroom. Then, they head back downstairs.

       Marinette holds Adrien's hand and smiles up at him. Adrien's sister sees them and says, "I think Adrien and Marinette love each other, just like you and mom do."

      "Whatever you say, my daughter," Gabriel says.

     "She is right they are in love,"  Mrs. Agreste says.

     Gabriel gives Marinette an annoyed glare.  

"I am sorry, Mr. Agreste I meant no harm,"  Marinette says.

"Marinette, you are amazing!  You have nothing to apologize for anyway,"  Adrien says.

      "Marinette if you intend to date my son for his riches you need not bother," Gabriel remarks.

   "What?  I beg your pardon, sir."  Marinette says.

    "Father, how could say this to her?  Marinette is not like that and you will see for yourself if you will give her a chance," Adrien remarks.  He looks ticked off.

    "Adrien, maybe I should never have come!  I should have stayed home where my friends do not judge me before they get to know me,"  Marinette says.

     "Father, I can not believe you!  I invited her to come because  I thought you cared about me and would love her.  I guess I was wrong!  I love her!'' Adrien says angrily.

    "I could care less if you approve or not.  I love her and want you to leave her alone," Adrien says. He puts an arm around Marinette.

    "Adrien, I have to go!"  Marinette says. She runs upstairs to the guest room and locks the door. She sobs. 

   After Marinette ran upstairs,  Emilie says,  "Honestly, Gabriel you were horrid to Marinette!"

       "Father, how could you treat the one I love like trash?  I will never be able to forgive you!" Adrien says angrily and stomps off.

        "Gabriel, I love you but you need to learn how to control your temper,"  Emilie says.

"Daddy, Marinette is someone to be honored, to be called a sister,"  Aurore says then goes to her room.

       Back to Paris, with Marinette's friends...

      "I hope her visit to see her boyfriend and his parents goes well,"  Lila says.

       "Same here!"  Alya says.     

     "I hope so too,"  Chloe remarks.

   "As do I, she is one special girl for sure, your best friend Marinette is that is for sure." A wise old man says.