Chapter 17 Cleaners

The next day, Marinette takes Adrien to her place. Alix moves out to another place. She says it is to disturb them, but Marinette thinks it is due to the new 'hot' landlord that Alix keeps talking about daily.

    Alya smiles. "Girl, I will be leaving soon, too."

    "What? Where will you go?" Marinette asks.

      "I am taking Nino to the cleaners, "Alya jokes. "What?" Marinette asks."I am joking, but I am going to be with Nino." Alya smirks. "But...I thought..."Marinette starts to say. "Girl, it is fine we are both adults and besides, we are married," Alya says. "Married, since when?" Marinette blurts out.

 Adrien wakes up from his nap. "Marinette?" "Yes, I am here," Marinette says. "You are cute when you are all flustered," He says. Marinette blushes. Adrien grins. He loves her. 

   "Girl, Nino and I got married the same day Adrien was hurt. That is why it took so long to come back." Alya says. "What? Why would do such a thing and not tell me?" Marinette asks. "Nino and I have been together longer than you and Adrien and decided it was about time we married. Alya explains. Marinette hugs her. "I will miss you, but I am happy for you and Nino." 

      "Me too, and tell Nino that he has to answer to us if he ever mistreats you," Adrien adds.

        "I will be sure to tell him," Alya laughs. She finishes packing her things. "Well, this it, I am moving to Nino's, see ya, girl." With that, Alya left with her arm full of bags, boxes, and pillows.

 Marinette sighs. Adrien hears her. "You okay?" He asks. "Yes, I am surprised that Alya and Nino are married so soon. Oh, and I am going to the cleaners." She says. "The cleaners?" Adrien raises an eyebrow in confusion. "Yes, to have them clean your suit jacket, and my dress from the other day," She explains.

    Adrien kisses her hand. "See you when you return, darling." He smiles and goes back to sleep. Marinette blushes at the gesture. She goes to have the items cleaned. She did not tell him, she was having her sweater, his dress pants, and shirt cleaned too.

 At the cleaners, Marinette hands over the garments. "How much is it?" She asks. "For you mademoiselle, that will be $15.55, " He says. She hands over the money. She wishes she knew what was in the wrapped gift. She thought it best not to open it before Adrien was much better.

     She smiled at the memory of the roses. The same ones Alix had delivered here. She had no idea how Alix had managed that but was grateful. There was no sense in the pretty flowers being thrown out. 

       She leaves and almost trips. A blue-haired boy catches her. She gasp. "Luka is that you?" She is surprised to see him. Luka is a friend from way back and he is also her ex-boyfriend. "Yes, and it is great to see you, Marinette," Luka says. A black-haired girl holds his arm, aren't you going to introduce me, Luka?" She asks. "Sure thing, hon, Kagami, this is my ex-girlfriend, Marinette, and Marinette, this is my fiance, Kagami," Luka says. "Fiance, wow, that is great! Congratulations you too!" Marinette says. 

      Kagami smiles. She shows Marinette the ring and tells her about how Luka proposed to her on top of the Eiffel Tower. "Isn't that romantic?" Kagami asks. "Yes, it sure is, but listen, it was nice meeting you, but I have to go. My boyfriend, Adrien, needs me." Marinette responds. "Adrien Agreste?" Kagami asks. "Yes, why do you know him?" Marinette asks."Know him, girl, he is the guy I dated back in high school and most of college, but I dumped him once I met Luka. I guess you say this guy swept me off my feet," Kagami gushes.

    Marinette is surprised. She does not remember Adrien saying anything about dating Kagami. Not that it matters since she did not tell him about her ex-boyfriend, Luka. She heads home.

   "Hi, Marinette," Adrien says.

   "Hi, dear," Marinette says.

   "Adrien, you will never guess who I saw at the cleaners today." She says. "Some old boyfriend of yours and his new girl?" Adrien asks jokingly. I gasp. "How did you know? I mean I did see Luka the boy I dated years ago and he was with Kagami." I say.

   "Kagami, as in Kagami Tsurugi, my old girlfriend?" He asks. "Yes, that is the one," Marinette says. "I see. She was the girl who broke my heart before I met you," Adrien explains.

    "Oh, I am sorry, Adrien," Marinette says. "Well, Luka is the boy who broke my heart before I met you," Marinette says. "Whoa, that is something," Adrien says. He kisses her. Marinette kisses him.

       "I-I want to give you the surprise soon, but..."Adrien began.

  "But what?" Marinette ask.

 "I am not sure, if..." He starts to say.

   "If what," Marinette says.

   "You know, what, never mind," Adrien says.

     Adrien is glad that Marinette decided to help him clean his things. Otherwise, if someone else had done it, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to give her the ring later. He sees her place the package on the table. "There, I  promise not to open it until you are ready," Marinette says.

    Adrien smiles. He knows he needn't worry, he is sure she will say, yes. Why wouldn't she?

The story continues in Chapter 18

Until then,

bye-bye, 

little owlets!

Summer out!