The News

some people may wonder why parts of my story are different than how Suzanne wrote them, like what I am writing now about how they found out it was an all victors game. Know that what happens in the games, training, interviews, and all that will be different. It's a fan-fiction! Whatever I want to happen will and you can deal with it!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It's about a week before the reaping, three weeks before my due date, and today is the day we learn what's going to happen in the Quarter Quell. Honestly even though I was in the games, I don't have any idea what advice to give the tributes, that will be Peeta's job I'm guessing.

Maybe I'll be like Haymitch, 'Embrace the probability of your imminent death, and know in your heart, there is nothing I can do to save you'. I remember I was so pissed when he said that. "Katniss! Come here! They are about to announce what will be the twist this year!" I hear Prim yell from the front room.

I sit down beside her on the couch. I'm really freaking big. I look down at my stomach. It's like a watermelon down there! I look up as I hear the anthem play and President Snow arrives on the screen. I can just smell the stench of blood and roses just thinking about that snake. It makes me wanna gag.

"This year will be the marking of seventy five years since the rebellion! This our third annual Quarter Quell. During each Quell there is a different than traditional games they are made to be more disastrous. It has consisted of twice as many tributes, and voting on the tributes. This year," he says opening a small yellow envelope," the tribute will be reaped from the existing pool of victors! Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds, be ever in your favor!"

I stare at the screen. I am the only girl victor in our district. I am going to be in the games again. I am going to die. My baby. Oh my god! I am due during the games. I could give birth on television. In front of the whole country. And I could be killed with the baby before I give birth. The odds are definitely not in my favor.

I start to cry. I hear someone at the door and soon Peeta is sitting beside me. His arms are wrapped around me and his shirt is soaked in my tears. "Peeta," I whisper, "do you think it'll be okay." He kisses my forehead when I look up at him. "I am going with you." he says.

"Hell you are!"

"Why not?"

"They are not going to let us both out again, and our child needs a father. I'm not going to let it go through what I went through."

"But-"

"Peeta, I mean it. Please! For me?"

"Fine, but I'm not happy about it."

"You don't really have a choice now do you?" I ask and peck him on the cheek. I do hope he listens to me. I'll have to go into the games, and possibly labor, with Haymitch. Oh joy. Well this should be an adventure. Right?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry about the short chapter! Hope you liked it and I'll update soon. If be great if once you read this and if you like the story so far to get more people to read it! It's mean so much and if you message me I'll chapter dedicate to you! Thanks again, ily😘