insecurities

this is another rant requested by my dear friend, xxsprk, so this is for you :)

so. insecurities. most of us get them because we feel like they're so many traits that other people have and we don't. we keep on noticing stuff that other people possess and fail to pay attention to the things that we have.

we keep on pointing out the strengths of others and it seems that we, ourselves, are starting to lower our self-esteem by doing so. in short, the insecurities we have make us feel less of a person, even though we shouldnt even feel that way.

let me tell you this guys. we were all made differently. we may have similarities but we will never be exactly the same with someone else.

enter science, or genetics to be specific. genes are the carriers of the traits and since our parents both have their own different traits, when their genes join together, there are several possibilities of genetics made. for example we have FF and Ff. two different genes and when crossed they form: FF, Ff, FF, Ff. so that's two possibilities right?

and since people are made with more than one gene, there so many differences despite the similarities. or in short: no one is like us. we are all different.

now, disregarding genetics. let's move on to personality.

you've probably felt insecure not because someone is prettier than you or stuff but because she's smart or she has a lot of friends.

i just want to point this out. we are all smart. no one is dumb really. some of us just happen to be lazy. so just do your best :) because academic excellence is not being einstein -ish genius. it's about achieving your highest potential, knowing that you did your best. help yourself :) don't just sit there waiting for god to give you the answers to your math test.

also. this is very famous. pimples. don't feel insecure about pimples because pimples are part of puberty.

I MEAN LOOK AT LUKE HEMMINGS WHEN HE WAS ON THE PEAK OF PUBERTY. HE HAD PIMPLES AND ACNE AND STUFF AND WHAT ABOUT IT??? HE WAS STILL ROCKING IT AND LOOKING GOOD AF

don't feel bad because you have pimples and you see that others don't have much of them. if you have pimples just always keep your face clean. clean it regularly, every day. it doesn't have to be some branded cosmetic stuff. soap and water will do. also your hair. make sure it doesn't get in the way and stuff :)

so anyways. just forget all those insecurities. don't worry about what they have that you don't, but be thankful because there are things that you have and they don't.

idk. this is all

:)