Chapter 15 - Our Darkest Wishes

None of the group could grasp the fact that they had actually located Aslans table. Finally things were going in the way they had wished them to go. Everything was happening just as Coriakin had said.

"If this is Aslans table and these are three of the Lords, then that must mean..." Edmund thought aloud, getting the attention of the others without hesitation.

"The swords." Caspian answered immediately, Lauren, Edmund and himself now rummaging through the overgrown weeds in search of what they had been so furiously looking for.

Caspian was the first to locate one of the swords closely followed by Lauren and Edmund who managed to find two others. They couldn't believe their luck.

"Put them on the table." Caspian instructed, hoping that something may come from doing so, forgetting for a moment that one of the swords were still missing.

"That's six." Edmund voiced to the others, looking at the swords that were now placed together on the table top.

"That just leaves one." Lauren added, looking over to Caspian as she did so. She could see clearly in his expression from the other side of the table that his hopefulness had dwindled. Knowing they still had one sword to find was unsettling to him. They had run out of avenues, run out of places to look.

"Caspian I know we will find the other sword, no matter what it takes. We are so close now." She reassured with a smile, moving around to his side of the table and taking his hand in hers.

"I know we shall." He responded, the smile on Laurens face succeeding in lifting his spirits, just as it always did.

The moment these words left his lips something began to happen, something that shocked them but gave them an element of hope back at the same time.

The swords all resting on top of each other in the centre of the group began to glow, a deep blue light emitting from each one in turn.

This sudden occurrence captured the attention of everyone. They couldn't take their eyes off of what was happening before them, all except Lucy that is.

"Look?" She called, pulling out her sword as she did so.

As the group looked up in the direction Lucy had instructed they could see the blue star shining brighter than they had ever seen before. In front of their eyes the star which was shining the same shade of blue as the swords began to float down towards them, getting closer and closer to the ground as it did so.

Instinctively Lauren stepped even closer to Caspian than she already was. Her shoulder pushing into his chest whilst he wrapped a protective arm around her, wary of what they were about to face.

"Stay close." Was all he said, Lauren not needing to respond as he already knew her answer from their current proximity.

All were silent as the star reach ground, Caspian, the crew, even the three Pevensie's. They were mesmerized by the gentle beauty of what they were being confronted with. The darkness around them began to glitter, the sky above got ever so slightly lighter and when the star finally touched ground it burst into a ball of pure white fire, this flame disguising the view of what the star had become.

Once the white fire had cleared a figure could be seen in the stars place. She was unlike any other person Lauren had laid eyes on before. If Caspian was the most attractive male in Narnia just as Lauren thought then the person standing in front of them was the most attractive female. Her hair was as white and smooth as fresh snow, the dress she wore looked as if it had been made of crystals and diamonds and she had the face of an angel.

Lauren had never thought about how attractive or unattractive she was, well not until she reached her teen years and she suddenly become the object of many boys attention. She knew she was pretty, beautiful even when she made the effort. Unlike other girls she had never felt self conscious of her looks and was always comfortable in her own skin. Well not anymore, not now that she stood in front of perfection.