Chapter Fifteen

Cars began to pile in one by one into Loke's driveway. 

I sat with him on the porch of his house, waving to my friends to let them know it was the right place. Cana and Bacchus exited a black GMC Sierra, or whatever kind of car Loke commented about. Bacchus grinned excitedly as he and Cana unloaded three coolers, packed with all kinds of booze I was sure.

Minutes later, Ren and Jet pulled up in a Ford Escape. Loke and I walked out to meet the gang halfway while Jenny pulled up in her Honda. However, I saw a shade of red in her passenger seat and nearly froze. Loke began introducing himself to everyone since I was obviously too focused on our unexpected guest.

Luckily, my heart began to beat again as the new girl stepped out. Her scarlet red hair was parted and braided into two plats, nothing like that of a certain redhead beauty I know. Both braids fell to the front of her body and wrapped around her waist to tie at the top of her bottom. Her red romper matched her hair perfectly, as did her enormous eyes, which took up the majority of her face. She looked innocent, but a bit crazed at the same time. Like one of those demented children in horror movies.

Cana hugged me, but held on longer than expected to whisper in my ear, "Don't stare, it'll either piss her off or fan her ego." She said quickly, and I looked at her in question as Jenny trotted over to me.

"Hey, guys." She cheeked, and I looked at her.

"Hey, love. Um, who's your friend?" I asked as the redhead strutted over. She and Jenny might as well had been models for PINK

"Oh, this is Flare. I thought you would've known her since you've been here for a while." She chuckled and I nodded, looking at the girl named Flare. She was looking me up and down, obviously not caring if I noticed or not.

"Hello, I'm Lucy Heartfili-"

"I know." She cut me off. Her voice sounded low and quiet, but raspy and course at the same time. She sounded like she was trying to be nice... reluctantly.

"The word has spread, Lucy." Jenny explained, but I looked at Flare warily. Word or not, I knew a bitch when I saw one.

"So, this is your house?" Flare snickered, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"No, it's his." I pointed at Loke and he waved at her. She grimaced at him, and that cut it for me, "But you would've known that had you been invited."

Bacchus and Jet made elongated whistles and Cana smirked at me. Ren and Loke rolled their eyes, and Jenny nudged my arm. Flare smiled, "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't, Blondie." She sneered, and I snorted.

"Yeah, I invited her, Luce. And-" Jenny started, and I looked at her.

"You didn't ask, Jen." I said, smiling at her teasingly so she wouldn't get offended. She took the bait.

"I know, but I figured the more the merrier." She said sweetly. I didn't know how she found Flare merry, but I honestly didn't care. I was with my closest friends, and I wasn't about to let some Scarlet-Witch-wannabe mess that up.

I shrugged, "Whatever."

Loke flung his arm around my shoulders, "Let's just head out, the railroads are back through the forest. I have some other friends waiting." He looked at Flare, "The more the merrier, right?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, and I smiled at him as we walked across his yard. We cut through the back woods. All of the boys quizzed Loke about his mechanic skills after taking note of the tools and dismantled cars in his lawn. Cana stuck with me, and Jenny spoke mainly to Flare, probably because no one was paying her crazy ass any attenti-