Chapter Thirty-Five

God I love LeonS-7's NaLu work 🤧🤧🤧
Here's Chapter 35...
———————————————————

My mind was blank as I thought of ways to make Jude let me go. This wasn't going to be pretty.

The three of my protectors were heavily guarded, listening for every shift in the trees around my house, awaiting every change in the scents around us, and feeling for every waft of air from the speed of a Dark Mage's run.

"He's not here." Natsu finalized, his senses far better than his brother's and sister's.

Gajeel leaned up to help me with my harness. 

"Don't sweat it, Lucy." He said, and I turned to him, "We'll take care of things here, just worry about getting out as quickly as you can." I smiled thoughtfully at him. My eyes swiped to Levy's face, and my heart became sour as she smiled softly at me.

Would I see them again? The moment I step out of this car could very well be my last...

The thought made tears suddenly spill from my eyes. Natsu zipped around the car and pulled me out of the Jeep.

"Go." He commanded his siblings, and they gave a hard nod before disappearing from the car.

We speed-walked to the front door, hand in hand. His eyes were fixated on every inch of the woods, his pace quickening as we neared the door, "Fifteen minutes." He reminded me.

I nodded and swiftly turned to him once we got on the porch. 

I cupped his face in my hands, "I love you." I said, and his eyes widened, "I will always love you, no matter what happens after this."

"Nothing," He whispered softly, "Will happen to you, Luce."

I smiled, "Follow the plan, Nat." I said, "Keep Jude safe for me, he won't like me very much after this. I want the chance to apologize later."

He nodded, "Go, Luce. We have to hurry."

"One more thing." I said, and he looked back down at me, "Do not listen to another word I say tonight." I said sternly, and he furrowed his eyebrows before I pulled him by his collar to lock my lips with his.

With our lips still connected, I turned the knob of the door, and then fiercely pushed him away, "Get away from me, Natsu!" I yelled at him, running into the house and slamming the door in his shocked face.

"Luce?" Jude came around the corner with haste, having been hovering in the living room.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, pushing past him and running up the stairs. The tears from before were streaming down my face. I hoped they would give me extra bonus points.

When I got to my room, I slammed the door and locked it behind me, sliding down to the floor to get my duffle bag from under my bed. I focused on how horrible I remembered this town to be, how much I hated—

I turned to my dresser, and Natsu slid through my window.

"Luce, what's going on?" Jude called from behind my door as Natsu and I scrammed to pack as many things as we could, "Did he hurt you?"

"No! I'm going home!" I yelled back at him, and Natsu nodded in encouragement. "No-acting-skills" my ass... He threw me random sets of clothes to add, and my mind scrambled.

"Did he... break up with you...?" Jude guessed, and I rolled my eyes at how hard this shit was going to be.

"No! I broke up with him!" I screamed. Natsu pulled my duffle over his shoulder.