Chapter Eighteen

"Buonasera, and welcome to Maggiano's. Do you have a reservation, sir?" The restaurant receptionist asked. She had silky, jet black hair and olive-toned skin. Her thick eyebrows framed her big green eyes, which stuck on Natsu like a jeweler with a diamond. I noticed how she slightly puffed her chest out under her white dress shirt. Her smile couldn't have been bigger.

"Actually, we don't. Do you have any open tables?" I asked, but she continued to look at Natsu, almost as much as Natsu continued to look at me.

"It might be a bit of a wait, sir. My apologies." She cheesed at him, obviously not taking note of my presence.

"Oh, I'm sure it won't take that long." Natsu said, finally looking away from me and stepping up to the thirst-trap of a waitress. He whispered something in her ear. I bit my lip, feeling some kind of emotion that made me want to throw this girl out of the window.

Was I... jealous? I shook my head to clear my thoughts. As I did, I caught sight of Natsu slipping a money roll into the girl's hand. I nearly gasped, but the girl did it for me. 

Natsu winked at her, and she looked like she was about to pass out. "Uh, uh... Okay, um, follow me, please." 

She walked strangely, like she was trying very hard not to trip and keep a steady flow. It made her look awkward. At least I could walk with Natsu and stay consistent. She led us to a booth in the very far back of the restaurant. It was practically spotless, and I mentally apologized to whomever it initially belonged to. 

"Is this alright, sir?" The waitress asked, and Natsu looked at me. I smiled at him, and he turned back to her.

"It's perfect, thank you." He grinned, and she stood, stuck smiling like an idiot until she shook her head.

"No problem, um, your waiter will be here shortly." She said, beginning to walk off before turning abruptly, "I'm Gemma, by the way."

Natsu nodded at her, and she cheeked again before walking speedily away.

We sat down, "You know, you really gotta stop doing that." I said, and his eyes locked with mine for a moment before he sighed and looked confused.

"Doing what?" He asked quietly. He wasn't completely over the events of tonight.

I smirked, "Dazzling people like that." I nodded towards the kitchen where Gemma had scampered off to, "She's probably having a panic attack in there." He still sat confused.

"I dazzle people?" He asked seriously.

I smiled softly, "You can't be serious, Nat. Do you really think people get their way as easily as you do?"

"Do I dazzle you?" He asked right after, his pupils dilating and gaining an alluring glimmer. I swallowed, feeling my face heat up.

"Frequently." I whispered, and he smirked. It was not a devilish grin, it was a sweet one. 

Suddenly, a second waitress appeared. She was a redhead with faint freckles dotting her nose and cheeks. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail, and a pair of black glasses framed her face. 

As soon as she saw Natsu, her expression turned into a satisfied one. She beamed, and I automatically knew Gemma spilled the details about Natsu to her. I rolled my eyes.

"Hello, my name is Amber. I'll be taking care of you tonight." She said. Like Gemma, she spoke only to Natsu, her back partially to me, "What can I get you to drink?" She smiled brightly. 

Natsu's eyes stayed on me, "Lucy?"

Amber reluctantly turned on her heel, looking at me up and down and trying to hide it with a smile. I chuckled, "I'll have a Coke."