Chapter Thirty-Two

TO BEING PART OF THE WATTYS2019 🍾🥂 THANKS GUYS 💞💞💞
Up top I have an image of our love birds for this chapter AND a song to emphasize the mood of ya swipe left 💜
HERE'S CHAPTER 32!
—————————————————

He wasted no time in placing the needle on the record to play it. Once I'd acknowledged it's name, he turned eager.

"My mom played Debussy around the house, too... When I was little." I said, and he stayed by me, his eyes never leaving my face while I watched the record spin.

I envied Natsu in many ways, but this was a definite. A piano carried such a beautiful sound, and an equally difficult mastery.

And yet, I doubt Natsu paid any attention to the record.

"You're still waiting for me to scream and run away from you." It wasn't a question, and he sighed shakily. I knew it'd been on his mind from the way his eyes never left my face as he showed me something new about him.

But what he didn't realize was that I could never be afraid of him now. At least, I didn't have time to be. He could still disappear at any moment.

"I hate to burst your bubble," I started, walking slowly up to him, "But you're no where near as scary as you think you are."

My heart skipped when I heard a growl rumble from his chest. I held my poker face, the corners of my mouth curling ever so slightly.

"Was that a threat?" I accused, and his eyes blazed on, unblinking, as looked me up and down. A knowing smirk etched across his face, and his bright green eyes became hooded. He softly shook his head, his fingers grasping my blouse and pulling me to him.

"No," He said softly, "But you really shouldn't have said that."

I blinked and was suddenly on his back. Before I could blink again we were flying across the room and out of the screen door. A sharp breath escaped my lips at the rush of his acts, and his body coiled to meet the trunk of one of the many trees outside his room.

We made contact, his fingers working as claws and digging into the seemingly thick bark. The impact made another puff of air leave my lips, and I could finally register the last second of him grabbing me, securing me on to his back, leaping across his room, opening the screen door, and flying out into the trees.

I panted, my head turning in every direction while my body unconsciously scrambled to get a better grip on his. We were a good thirty feet above ground.

His smirk had grown into a victorious one as he waited for me to adjust.

"You were saying?" He teased, and I began to catch my breath before I playfully swatted his arm.

"You're a monster." I panted out, and he broke into laughter.

"That's more like it." He said with satisfaction. His head turned back to me, his smirk now a soft smile, "Now, hold on tight, spider-monkey."

Before I could get out a disgusted laugh at his pet name, he launched himself higher up the tree, the distance between us and the ground making me want to faint. And at the same time... I was living.

He made it to the main intersection of branches on the tree, and the other surrounding giants held openings as well. I nuzzled my nose into his neck, and he climbed forward. His focus was on a taller tree about fifty feet from us.

"You trust me?" He asked, making it sound like a joke. He already knew the answer.

I giggled, "Yes."