Chapter Twenty-Two

The water spilling out from the shower head was hot, really hot.

It was no where near as hot as Natsu's signature heat, though, no matter how many times I turned the nob. I had been soaked from the rain when I got into Jude's house, and I didn't notice the uncomfortable coldness until I left Natsu.

Sighing, I stepped out of the shower, unsatisfied with my attempt at mimicking his heat. I dressed myself quickly and practically head-dived into my bed's comforter.

My mind was a sea of thoughts, each one rippling off of each other and some creating new ones all together. It wasn't easy to comprehend each of the them, but there were about three things I was absolutely positive.

First, Natsu was a Demon. Second, there was a part of him, and I didn't know exactly how strong that part might be, that craved my soul. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Which was why I pathetically tried to reclaim the warmth he gave, trying feel him again even if I had seen him an hour ago. It just felt like he was always slipping away, like he would never be a permanent piece in my life. That terrified me to no end, much more than the truth behind what he was, because he had so quickly became the core of my mind, my heart.

And strangely, when I awoke the next morning, I found it exceptionally hard to believe what took place in his car was not a dream. I had evidence, heaps of it, but any rational being would pass all of it off as folklore. So, I concentrated again on his heat, something that was too real, too alive to be a dream.

I recalled his voice when he told me he would be at school today, and it kept me happy as I prepared for it. I put on a loose white long-sleeve, tied a denim jacket around my waist, pulled on some black leggings, and fastened on my white converse. My hair was pulled up into a messy bun, and I exited the bathroom to head downstairs.

"Lucy Liu." Jude called as I reached the last step, "Good morning to you."

"Hey, Pop... That rhymed by the way." I chuckled, and he smirked.

"I am planning on releasing an album this year." He joked, and I shook my head in embarrassment. Then, something hit me.

I speed-walked over to the front door's window and peeked through. My Bug sat normally in the driveway.

I smiled, and then choked when I saw a flash of red in my peripheral vision. I gasped as my eyes settled on Natsu sitting patiently in his car on the street along our driveway. Jude heard my gasp and looked to see my face glued to the contents outside of the house.

"What's wrong, Luce?" He said, and I looked at him quickly, a smile on my face.

"Nothing." I said, "Just... in awe of... my car."

He laughed, "Still?" He said, and I grinned, pouring myself a bowl of cereal. Thank God, he wasn't my mom.

"Yep, I'm in love." I chuckled, thinking of Natsu's big head connected to the front of my car. I nearly spit out my breakfast from laughing. Jude was in the living room now, so he couldn't acknowledge my insanity, nor my innuendos.

I put my bowl in the dishwasher and went to grab my things.

"See ya, Dad." I waved, and I left the house, hearing a muffled Bye. I walked down the driveway, and Natsu stepped out of his car. I had half a mind to ran up to him and jump him with a hug, but then I thought of how it might make him uncomfortable. My soul was the thing he craved the most.

He moved to the passenger side and opened the door, wearing shades, a leather jacket, and black skinny jeans. He set his shades atop his head, "Why don't you ride with me today?"