Sleep Deprived Love

At around 8:00am I'm awoken by the sound of my door opening, and I sigh when I see that it's another nurse. The sixth one since 12:00am. I decide against waking Anthony up this time because he's got to get some sleep before the flight to Atlanta.

I look back at the nurse, who smiles at me, "Good morning!"

I shrug, "I guess it is"

She chuckles as she checks my IV, which is slowly dripping away. She then looks back at me, "How are you feeling?"

I focus in on my body, and I realize that I'm a little nauseous, my chest hurts from surgery, I'm hungry, my ankle hurts, and I think my head is starting to hurt. I list all these things off to the nurse, and she nods, "Well the nausea is probably your body getting used to the antibiotics. It'll pass. I'll talk to Dr.Sanchez when she comes in about giving you pain killers. Also, how do you feel about oatmeal?"

I laugh, "Oatmeal sounds delicious right now"

She smiles, "I'll have some sent up to you"

I nod, "Thank you"

"You're very welcome" the nurse says as she leaves

I look at the ceiling with a sigh. I jump when I hear a voice to my right, "I would have gotten you Oatmeal"

I sigh as I look at Anthony, who's cracked one eye open, "You need to sleep"

He sits up, "I can sleep on the plane"he stands up, walks towards me, "Besides I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. It's weird not having you literally in my back"

I chuckle, "I don't get that close"

He snort, "Yes you do, my little cub"

I smile, "That's just how you can tell that I love you. Because I have to be touching some part of you"

He leans down to kiss my forehead, "I know" he sits down in the chair beside my bed, "I just don't know what I'm going to do without you for a week"

I smirk, "You just need to focus on the games, and nothing else"

He sighs, "I'll try"

"Do or do not. There is not try" I quote with a straight face

I roll his eyes as I go to get up, and he stands up, "Bathroom?"

I nod, and begin to drag my IV pole after me, "Yes. I'm also going to change into something more comfortable"

He nods as he sits back down, "Okay. Holler if you need me"

I give him a thumbs up as I walk into the bathroom. I go to the bathroom, and there was a little bit of blood in it, but I usually get some spotting before my period, so I don't think much of it. Then, I take off my hospital gown, and I throw on my zebra pjs with matching shoes.

 Then, I take off my hospital gown, and I throw on my zebra pjs with matching shoes

I step out, pulling my IV pole with me, and I see Anthony eating a bowl of Oatmeal. I glare at him, "That's better not be mine"

He chuckles before pointing his spoon at the table by the bed, "That one is yours"

I smile before sitting back on the bed. I grab the bowl of Oatmeal, and I take a spoonful. I hum in contentment as I feel the warmth go down my throat. I'm broken out of stupor when I hear an animalistic grunt. I look on the floor to where I see Wrigley rubbing his body all over his teddy bear. I roll my eyes fondly before returning to my Oatmeal.

I finish my Oatmeal as Mikki walks in. She looks a little angry, but I know it's not at me. She pretends to smile, "I hear that someone is in a little bit of pain"

I nod, "You'd be correct"

She nods, "Well I'm gonna unhook your Linezolid to give your body a little break, and I'm gonna hook up morphine instead to help with some of the pain"

I nod, but I pretend to forget the fact that I'm supposed to be one antibiotics till next week.Maybe I'll be put back on them later today? Mikki begins to change my IV, and she whispers, "An intern who was doing labs mixed your tests with a CF patients, so I don't want to give you anymore IVs besides morphine until I know what you actually have, and if you actually need them or no"

My eyes widen, and I see Anthony, who had been playing with Wrigley, give me a confused look.I school my features, and I wink at him. He snorts before throwing Wrigley's ball to him. Mikki pats my shoulder after finishing setting up the morphine, "I'll be back later"

I nod, "See ya later"

She leaves, and I'm left with Anthony. He gives me a sad smile, "I have to go pack, and our flight is at 1:00pm."

I raise an eyebrow, "And you're not sure your gonna be able to see me before the flight?"

He nods mutely, and I slowly stand up from the bed. I walk over to him, and I pull him out of the chair. He gives me a confused look as I wrap his arms around my waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck. I begin to sway, and he finally understands as he also begins to sway. It's a little awkward do to the height difference, but we make it work.

As we sway I close my eyes, and begin to hum One great mystery by Lady Antebellum. I smile when Anthony hums the male part, and I look up at him lovingly. He looks down at me with the same love in his eyes. As the song comes to an end I stand on my tippy toes, and Anthony leans down to kiss me. My hand moves up to grip his hair a little, and both of his move further down, but they never go anywhere inappropriate. He always is careful.

We break from each other when we need to breath, and Anthony leans his forehead against mine. I sigh, "You need to go pack"

"I know" he whispers

I lean away from him, "I'm serious. You're gonna miss the flight"

He pulls me closer, "I'd be fine with that"

I lightly push him off, "Tony, I love you. I do. However, I'm not going to keep you from doing what you love. I couldn't live with that if I did"

He smiles sadly, "That is one of the many reasons that I love you"

I chuckle as I kiss him one more time, "Seriously, hun! Go pack, and get one your flight. Call me when you get on the plane if you have to"

He sighs as he lets go of me, and pets Wrigley's head, "You take good care of our lady, Mister"

I chuckle, "I'm sure he will"

Anthony pulls me into a kiss before grabbing one of the suitcases, "I love you"

I smirk, "I love you too, Tony"

He pouts as he walks to the door, "I'm gonna miss you"

I sigh, "I'll miss you too"

"I could-"Anthony begins before I cut him off

"Anthony. Go. Do. What. You. Love." I stress

He nods before waving, "See you in a week, Little Cub"

I wave, "See you later, Hun"

I watch as he leaves before I sit back on the bed, and try to ignore the ache that fills my heart. Why did this have to happen now?

Wrigley jumps up on the bed, and licks my face. This brings a little smile to my face, "Thanks, Wrig! I needed some love"

I look up when Mikki walks in, "Time for tests"

It's gonna be a LONG week.