023

Problems in Forks, Washington didn't disappear overnight and a certain redheaded vampire was hellbent on making sure that said chaos wouldn't seize

Paul was exhausted lately, Sam keeping the pack up later to chase the vampire just past the Canadian boarder, her choosing a new route of escaping each time. Once, Jared came back to Emily's place shaking in his lividity, mumbling gruff words about how he had her curly hair in between his teeth, but she continued to run as if he hadn't just yanked strands from her scalp. It took hours and his very sleepy imprint, Kim to calm him down fully.

"What are you doing today?" Paul questioned watching his girlfriend—who'd became his girlfriend after learning how proudly she boasting about him being her boyfriend after Bella hitting him—get ready for the day.

Her arms situated themselves in the white holes of her shirt. "Have to head back home, haven't been there in, like, a week."

"Your dad hasn't complained yet."

"That's what I'm worried about," Leaning down to press a quick kiss on his lips she pulled away before anything further could transpire. "I'll come back soon though, stay safe and please don't let Sam overwork you too much. I don't have a problem beating his alpha ass."

Laughing while she walked backwards out the door of his room, a single finger pointed in his direction. "I'll spread the word."

Elise had made the commute home rather quickly, her keys jingling as they unlocked the door and she was greeted with the strong smell of something burning. "Ash, what the hell are you doing?"

"I was trying to make that pasta you always used to cook for us, penis pasta."

Snatching the cloth from her brother's hand and opened a window to air out the burnt stench. "Penne pasta, Ash, penne."

"Look who came home," Mark clapped after walking down the stairs, seemingly unphased by the catastrophe his son had caused in his kitchen. The food he was attempting to make was black and the pot he used was surely ruined, the whole thing being chucked altogether. "I would've believed that you were spending the night at one of your girlfriends house you'd met at school but you're glowing, Ellie. That's the I have a boyfriend glow."

"How would you know?"

Humming to himself, pulling the glasses he wore from his face he gave her a soft smile. "You're mother used to look the same way when we were together. Don't worry, I'm not going to cry, I'm not sad. I'm actually very glad you've found someone, I was growing worried that you'd run off how you planned when we first got here."