Chapter Twenty Seven

Nora and Sher were sitting in the sitting room while Nora was busy doing her University work as her exams were near for final year and Sher was siting reading his radio next script when they heard door bell ringing. They looked at each other and while sighing Sher stood up. He cane out then walk and opened the door as Mr Ra'is face came in his view. He was surprised to see his father as he hardly ever come to his house. It was always Sher to go to hospital to meet him or mostly he would call Sher to hospital or at home. His father never came to meet him and after last incident they had not talk to each other for about past few months. Truthfully does not matter what happen between them Sher knew deep down he was badly missing his father.

'Why you are here?' Sher asked coldly while putting on his mask as if he don't care.

'I need to talk to you. Can I come in?' Mr Ra'is asked and Sher just stared at him few second then moved away from the door while letting him come inside. They came inside while closing the door behind them walk toward siting room. Nora quickly stood up while seeing him. She greeted on which he greeted back while their was awkwardness between them.

'What do you want to talk about?' Sher asked starting the conversation and Mr Ra'is looked at him then moved and put a file he was holding in front of him. Sher looked at the file and it does not take him more then a second to realised which file he was holding. Sher shocked looked at the file then towards him.

'Is it true?' Mr Ra'is asked and Sher looked at him then just looked away while answering him in yes whereas Nora was confused looking between them.

'Why you did not tell me?' Mr Ra'is asked broken and Sher looked at him

'As if you ever have care about me.' Sher answered and Mr Ra'is sighed

'That's stupid to think. I always have care about you. You are my only son Sher. You thought I went up with so many women after your mother died but you did not understand I was doing so I could forget her and move on. Do you any idea how hard it was for me to move on after your mother death? Do you any idea how much I have loved her?' Mr Ra'is said while trying to explain to him which was also first time.

'That is no excuse of ignoring your son and committing sin like Zina.' Sher answered

'Fine. I agree but still if this kind of thing happen you should have come to me. How you can cope with it all alone?' Mr Ra'is said and Sher just stayed silent

'Nora did you know about it? You should have tell me? You are one who ask for a file from Mr Abdullah. Did you knew about his condition?' Mr Ra'is asked while looking at her

'What condition. I know nothing.' Nora asked getting worried

'She knew nothing either.' Sher answered and they both looked at him when Nora moved and walk towards him.

'Sher what is happening? What is wrong with you?' Nora asked while he looked at her then away but did not say anything

'I am asking something Sher. Answer me.' Nora said impatiently and he sighed. He felt running away from her.

'He is suffering from breast cancer.' Mr Ra'is said and Nora shocked looked back at Mr Ra'is then towards him who was looking down. Finally cat was out from the bag and the way it was he clearly did not wanted to.

'He have what?' Nora asked shocked

'Breast cancer.' Mr Ra'is said and Nora shocked stayed still on her place while tears stared coming out from her eyes. She quickly moved and got the file and started looking to make sure it was all truth. After looking into file she shocked walk back towards him.

'Why you did not tell me about it? When did it happen?' Nora asked

'Some time back.' Sher answered still looking down