Forgiving and forgetting ~ Chapter 31

Sitting at the table was so fun. Note the sarcasm. Chris kept trying to start conversation between Jordan and me, but I didn't talk at all.

I just kept to myself, and played with my napkin, using a fork. I didn't even notice we were about to say grace until a girl tapped on my shoulder and held out her hand. I took it, and turned to Jordan.

He already had his hand out for me to take. I narrowed my eyes at him but, nonetheless, I accepted it.

The skin on skin contact felt so great. My breath hitched up when he began rubbing his thumb across my hand. Just that little deed could make my heart speed up.

"Amen," I heard.

I tried to release my hand from Jordan's but he just gripped my hand tighter. Then he put our hands under the table so no one could see them clasped together.

Soon food was served and Jordan still wouldn't let go of my hand.

How can he think this is okay?

"Let go of my hand. I do not feel comfortable," I said lowly, so only Jordan could hear.

I didn't expect him to just let go right away, but that's exactly what he did.

As soon as I could, I excused myself from the table, leaving everyone to watch me walk out.

I decided to walk outside, to the entrance of the house. I found a bench and sat down.

It was beginning to get warmer out, springtime. My birthday was also coming up soon, and I would be eighteen years old.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and took a deep breath. And I cried. I cried for everything that happened in the last 4 months give or take.

My fake parents are horrible. My life also has not been that great. I get either kidnapped, or into a fight everyday. Things need to change. This is not the way I want to live.

I sat outside for a bit longer and thought about things. Soon, I decided to go in and deal with everything.

I walked inside, wiping my tears on my sleeves. I'm sure my eyes were bloodshot.

I glanced at a clock in the hall and saw it was only 12:45. That means lots of time to fix things.

Making my way to the elevator, I saw that it was now working. I clicked the button, and waited for the doors to open. When they opened, I saw Stephen.

"Jeez Nora! What's wrong?" he asked, worried.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I answered, clicking the button of the floor I needed to go to.

"That's the Alpha's floor...you shouldn't be going there," he said in a warning tone.

"I live there," I told him.

"Oh, my apologies," he smiled.

"Well this is my floor," he said as the doors opened.

"Okay, see you around," I said as he walked out.

"Bye, Nora."

The doors closed and opened again at my floor. I walked out and to my room. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door.

I looked around, and found out Jordan was showering. I decided to watch television until he was done.

I sat on the couch and watched ridiculousness. I kept looking at the TV even when I heard Jordan walk into the closet.

He came out in sweatpants and a blue T-shirt. I got up off the couch and walked over to the bed where he was. I sat down on my side of the bed and looked at him.

"What's wrong? Why were you crying?" he asked.

"We need to talk," I said.

"Okay...You're scaring me but talk," he said cautiously.

"I can't live like this."

"Like what?" he asked.

"Everyday it is either I'm getting kidnapped, or I'm in a fight. I can't take it. All my life, things have been terrible. I don't want to live like this everyday," I said, tearing up.

"This is my fault," he said running his hands through his hair.

"You can't blame it on yourself nor me. We both suck at this whole mate thing," I said.

"Agreed. How about we forgive each other, and forget about every mistake we both have made?" he asked me.

I nodded. "Sure," I whispered.

He scooted over on the bed and gave me a hug, then he pecked my lips, for a while...

"Wanna do something this afternoon?" he asked as I was laying on his chest.

I looked up at him. "Like what?" I smiled.

He smiled, too. "I don't know. What would you like to do?" he asked.

"Hmmmm, can we like go get lunch then walk around town or something?"

"Sure, if that's what you want to do," he shrugged.

"I do."

"Well, we have to get out of bed and dressed me appropriately," he said, smirking.

I groaned and rolled out if bed. I walked to the closet and changed into dark washed skinny jeans, a light purple see through v-neck with a black Cami underneath. I wore black converse with the outfit.

I walked out to see Jordan still in bed, on his phone. "Get up!!" I yelled running and jumping onto the bed.

He laughed and put his phone onto the nightstand. "What are you going to wear?" I asked rolling onto my back staring at him.

"Feet off the bed with shoes on Missy. And I don't know, maybe some jeans and a v-neck like you," he said walking to the closet.

Sure enough, he came out in jeans, converse, and a black v-neck.

"Ready, copycat?" I asked.

"Yep, make sure you have your phone," he said while grabbing his phone.

I looked under the covers and saw it so I grabbed it. It was on 95%.

"Did you charge it for me?" I asked.

"Yes I did. Let's go," he said walking to the door.

I followed him and we were on our way out to lunch.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow if you like. And to everyone who says I should update sooner, I really try. I know what it is like to not be able to read a new chapter of a book when you really want to. I try my best to update quickly. But thanks again!