Reunited ~ Chapter 42

Any spelling or grammar errors please point out..thanks

_______

Was what I was seeing true? Was I dreaming? No I couldn't be. I pinched my arm underneath the table to make sure.

"Ouch," I gasped. Yep, not dreaming.

Could it just be a hallucination? Doubtful.

I reached my shaking arm across the wooden table and dragged my hand down his face. I pulled back quickly after feeling the tingly sensation of my skin touching his.

I covered my face in my hands. I wished I was hallucinating, then maybe I wouldn't have to be embarrassed about fingering his face while he just sat there.

I rubbed my face and looked up into his eyes. His beautiful, green piercing eyes.

"It really is you," I spoke softly, my statement sounding more like a question.

"Really is me, in the flesh," he said smiling, with his white teeth showing

I was interrupted from my gaze by my order.

"Here's your pumpkin mocha and pie. Enjoy," the waiter smiled to me.

Then he turned to Jordan, "Can I get you anything sir?" he asked, a bit less enthusiastic.

Jordan shook his head. "No thanks."

"If you need anything, please call me over," the waiter said to me, handing me a napkin.

"Thanks," I said while taking the napkin. He walked away to another table as I glanced back at Jordan.

He had his eyebrows raised at the napkin. I looked an at the napkin and rolled my eyes. There was a phone number written on it, obviously the waiter's.

"I see you have been busy," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would you think that?"

"I keep tabs on you....or should I say Chris does," he smirked.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You really don't know how to leave some one alone do you?"

"Nope," he said. He grabbed my fork and took a piece out of my pie.

"Hey! That's mine," I said, smacking his hand.

He shrugged. "So what happened to your face?"

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"There's a bruise," he said.

Crap, I forgot to cover the stupid thing up!

"Oh, I um. I was hanging a picture up in my room, and I fell and hit the bed. And I got a bruise," I lied.

"You're lying."

I huffed of course he knew I was. I am the worst liar in the world.

I raked my hand through my hair. " No I'm not," I denied, it was worth a try.

"You're tapping your leg," he said as I felt him put his warm hand on my knee.

"That doesn't say anything," I pushed his hand off my leg.

"It says you're a crappy liar," he said lowly, grabbing my legs from under the table.

I was lost for words. The feeling of his hands felt like my knees were on fire, but it didn't hurt.

"Now, tell me what really happened," he said, looking directly into my eyes.

There was no use in lying. He would be able to tell no matter what.