The Lion's Den

Dedicated to these two amazing readers, dinklyy and ChandanaHari4.

BAD CUPID

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter 81

Dylan's P.O.V

"But you've gotta admit, that slap Quinn gave Johnathan was really....what's that word?" Jaxton asked.

"Outstanding?"

"Magnificent?"

Raven and I spoke at the same time and Jaxton nodded. "All of the above."

We chuckled.

"I'll be back, I'll go put the cake you brought into the fridge." I said as I picked up the apology cake Raven had brought. I went out of the room with a smile, down the stairs and to the kitchen. Once I got there, my smile disappeared. I didn't go to the fridge, no. I went to the trash, and I threw the cake in it.

I may have said I forgave her, but things weren't easily gonna be how they used to be. I wasn't just going to forget, and it was going to take time. A part of me wanted to do what i usually do. Maybe make them feel a bit like I feel. Make them an outcast, maybe? It would have been easier if I hadn't.....repented.

Henry wouldn't like that.

And they apologized. They only had one last chance now.

I went back to my room and fixed the smile back on my face, as I walked over to the bed and laid on it.

"Anyways, I gotta say Dylan." Raven spoke and looked at me with a smirk. "I noticed when you walked in that you have this certain...glow." She emphasized on the word.

I slowly arched my brow. "What glow?" I mocked her.

"The one you know, pregnant women gets or when someone finally gets laid after a period of time." She shrugged as she watched me.

"Pregnant women?" I arched my brow the more.

"Or when someone gets laid after a period of time." She repeated.

"Did you have sex with Henry?" Jaxton asked with a curious frown. "Oh my God. You did, didn't you?" He gasped. "You didn't come home last night which means...." He gasped again like the dramatic fanboy he was.

"Which means I was avoiding you both, and I knew Raven could come to my house." I said looked at Jaxton, and his smile slowly faded.

I also didn't come home last night because I don't think I could take being in the same room with someone who easily turned their back on me.

"But all that is in the past now. The truth is, things might not be the same, it will take time for us to heal, but, if you guys are gonna be my friends again, one wrong move and you're both dropped for good this time." I said while they just stared.

"I've done nothing but love and support you both the best way I could, and I never felt like I was appreciated. I wanna act like we are fine, and smile and whatever. But, I'm still a bit hurt by you both."

"I understand," Jaxton said softly. "You have every right to not want to speak to us again. We fucked up, big time. We let johnathan trick us and that sad that we let him get into our heads instead of believing our best friend who has always had our backs. I can't stop beating myself down for it because I betrayed our friendship and our trust. I thought I didn't really know you after everything he told me, and I got....I got a little scared." He swallowed, looking down at his fingers.