Prologue

Forest Hill 3 a.m.

"Are you sure it's safe here? What if people caught us doing this?"

"It's fine! People are stupid enough to believe the monster did this. Stop worrying."

Ssk. Ssk. Ssk.

"Jung?! What is that sound?"

"It's just the wind. Stop being a coward and help me with this!"

The man's hands trembled as he dug deeper. Fear overpowers his mind when he heard the sounds coming near, little by little. Just like what Jung had said, it was very windy. And so, he tried convincing himself that the sounds were simply leaves rustling around.

They both carried the woman's body by one holding her head and another holding her legs before throwing it into the pit. Without a warning, a growl echoed from behind.

"Ah?! J-Jung... t-there..", his friend pointed his finger to the figure standing behind the tall tree. The dark figure remained still.

Jung went up to his friend and looked at where he had pointed at. He squints his eyes to take a better look and his pupils dilates when the figure lets out a malicious growl once more. "Who's there?! Show yourself!"

"Jung!", his friend clings onto his arms to prevent him from approaching the black figure.

Jung paid no heed. Instead, he kept marching forward until he saw it clearly. He saw its eyecolor flashing and glowing in red.

He couldn't believe what he just saw. He collapsed onto the ground due to the shock. His friend came running to him almost immediately, seeing the shock on his face, fear in his eyes.

"Jung? Wh-what did you see?", he breathed out, still unable to look up ahead after seeing the fear in Jung's eyes. He raised his chin up soon after when Jung gave no response.

As soon as Jung's face came into view, he quickly backed away. Jung's face wasn't humanly. It was white and pale as if his blood got sucked out of his body. His lips had no color left and it went dry. His eye color had changed, half green and yellow.

Jung's breathing became laboured, and before he realised, Jung had took a large stone beside him, immediately hitting his head, causing a deep wound on his temple to open and gush out blood. He couldn't do anything as he was traumatised to death and was caught in a stupor.

However, with all he had left, he tried to stop Jung from inflicting more self damage. Unfortunately, Jung had collapsed onto the ground, taking his last breath. That's when it had finally hit him,

Jung is dead.

"NO!!"

Ignoring the gut-wrenching feeling, he stood up with all his might and ran away, trying to get help but all that surrounds him was only the dark, eerie forest. Not even a pathway back to where he came from. Not even an escape.

He ran and ran until he bumped into a hard figure. He lifts his chin up just to see a white, pale face of a man. And Red eyes.

The man had an evil smirk plastered on his face.

"You look tasty. Would your blood taste so sweet? The smell of your fear is so tempting."

He looked at him in horror. In a split second, he got dragged into the darkness. Deep inside the forest where the creature is sure, no one will find him.

And what could only be heard was, his screams.

His yellings in agony.

No one will know about the condition of the man and what the monster had done to him.

All there's left was only a dead body. But there were no traces of the monster at all other than the mark on their body parts which was two red dots.

What is the truth behind this mystery?

Does the monster actually devour them? Or leave them to death just to be eaten by other creatures?

•⚛⚛•

A:N/ A very big thankyou to Aria_Infires04 for editing this for me! Go check out her account for a cover request!