C

I went inside the Lovelyz Café where I was supposed to meet Sarah today after sending Yujae to preschool.

"Yujin-ah!", I heard my name being called. I looked around to find the owner of the voice and saw Sarah waving her hand to catch my attention.

I formed a wide smile seeing her, I rushed towards her. I haven't seen her for a very long time ever since we've been separated due to our different jobs.

"Sarah!"

We gave each other a hug for the first time in a while. I grinned, knowing she grew up, taller than me now.

"It's been a long time", she said, and we took our seats near the window watching people go by their days. Well, it certainly gives me a sense of calmness just by observing people and seeing everyone go through their daily routines and Sarah just makes it better because she'd always welcome me with a hug considering she's always been such an affectionate woman.

"How's work going on for you? I didn't know you came to Busan in such a short time", I initiated the conversation after we ordered our drinks.

"It's not much. I've got to deal with some modeling agency for my new work for the upcoming magazine. Unexpectedly, the meetings are done in Busan.", she replied.

"Wow! What a coincidence. I'm so happy to see you after such a long time~!", I exclaimed excitedly.

"Me too! How's work for you?"

When she asked that, I felt a little disheartened. I don't know why, maybe it was because I realised the consequences I had when being workaholic.

I paused for a moment before putting on a tight-lipped smile, "Work is.. fine. It's just that I'm taking a break for a short while for some reasons."

She looked quite shocked by what I said. "What? Why?"

Should I tell her? After all, she's the only friend I'm comfortable enough with to tell my problems to, ever since our teenage days.

"I think I've been selfish and focused too much on myself, my job and what's ahead of me that I slowly forget about the people around me. Unknowingly, I abandoned the one who needed my attention the most, and he left.", I clenched my fist together and just in time, our drinks had arrived. I quickly took a gulp to swallow down the lump in my throat.

"Are you talking about senior Seok Jin?", she asked. I slowly nodded my head and she sighed.

"It's not wrong if you do love your job that much. I know you like writing stories and that kind of stuff but it's not your fault either that you lost him. Maybe he just can't keep up with you in that relationship. Indeed, if I was him I'd also feel distant from you since you made more time for your work rather than me. So, if you can, please spare some time to be with the one around you, then maybe you won't have to face this again. Alright? You're not wrong. Don't blame yourself.", she finished with a pat on my shoulder which warmed my heart.

"Thank you.", I said and smile at her.

It felt good to finally open up to someone rather than bottling it up until you're choked on your own thoughts which will only cause you to be more distant with others.

Having someone who listens to every problems you face is a blessing. We continued to talk for awhile about our old days when suddenly, Sarah's phone rang. She excused herself for a bit and I let her. I sighed.

I shouldn't think of anything now. I should just relax today since my friend is here.

"Yesterday night at 3 AM, two men who were reported missing since two weeks ago, one on them are found dead in the deep woods inside the Forest Hill by a local, Wong Xu who happened to be near the area of the deceased to look for timber and found a dead body deep in the Forest Hill and it was confirmed by the police to be the body of one of the missing men.