A

Song Yujin's POV

During my childhood, people are drawn to monsters, supernatural powers and folklores. Unreasonable fantasies, even.

This continues on, even into the 21st century. The time where I exist. 

I am 23 years old and is currently working as a writer. Regarding what I said before, well, I would be lying if I said I'm not into those imaginary stuff such as vampires, talking animals, unnameable creatures, giants, zombies and many more, despite me complaining at the unlogical myths.

As a writer, I watch news about missing people nowadays just to get something to be written as an article. The mystery of missing people had not been answered yet by the police nor the government. It has been 3 years but there is no traces either. 

Most of the missing people are teenagers around 15-17 years old. When we asked the parents about how these teens lives was like, the answer was always similar - locking themselves in their room, crying in the middle of the night, bad grades, having no friends and slitting their wrists open.

These actions are related with depression and majority of the missing teens have at least one of these traits. Some said that they went missing when after leaving their home without the parents's knowledge in the middle of the night.

I kept on thinking about the Red Eyed monster that's becoming the current buzz in town. I did some research to find out more about the monster's identity but there was nothing except the curse of its eyes. 

The famous folklore about this monster was that it had bloody red eyes which was why the people named it Red Eyed monster. It was also said that if someone looks into its eyes, the person will die. But if you're a woman, you will become its wife, bowing down to its wills. I'm still not convinced about the actual truth regarding this myth anyway. 

No one actually knows what it looks like since all they saw was its black figure and the red eyes glowing in the dark. Most of them said that they met that monster in the Forest Hill. Some also said the Red Eyed monster was actually above all other creatures that ever exists. Most of these stories are just myths or just imaginations I would say, but what if that so-called monster was just someone who tries to scare them?

I kept questioning, what happened to the world? How is he able to exist?

Anyway, I've also heard a story about Victoria Din Daniel. Her story had piqued my curiousity ever since I found out about it and I want to know about her death.

Well, I am an expert writer but I also need experience in life which will help me with my novel for my upcoming book.

Victoria Din Daniel was found to be missing almost 300 years ago and nearly a decade after, her dead body was found near the river deep in the forest. Her body was chopped into two parts and her waist was severed from her torso. Her eyes were wide open and the color of her eyes was silver coin. Different from the monster we are actually suspected. Her mouth is ripped open, it's as if the 'murderer' forced her to smile so widely and ripped it.

Her death remained unsolved and remained as a mystery for the people in the town. The police decided to just close the case when no clues were found and all they'd managed to find was simply the body and nothing else. Not even a witness. It was a dead end.

And here I am, still searching for an answer for the mystery of Victoria Din Daniel's death. Could it be the monster's fault? Or the human himself?

I looked up to the building which was few meters away from where I stood. There, I saw my boyfriend from the window. He had been waiting for me patiently. I went inside the café afterwards and went straight towards his table.