D

"Bye, uncle! See you soon.", Yujae bid his farewell to uncle who has to go back to his hometown for some business.

"Alright. I will get going now.", my uncle replied and patted Yujae's head with comfort.

Uncle took one last glance on me and formed a reassuring smile when he says, "Yujin.. don't be too distracted okay?"

"Yes, uncle", I nod.

We watched as his car vanished from our sight before we settled down in the house and get ready for bed. I went inside my room with the ancient book on my hand. I sat down on the edge of my bed before reading the book uncle had given me. His words still rang in my ears and I'm so eager to know what had happened before.

"There's something you should know about Victoria Din Daniel before you investigate her death and I don't want the same thing to happen to you"

"What do you mean?", I ask.

"Here is the book. I found it in your old house back in Seoul. This book is a record of what your father has found through his research. Please read it and you will understand everything"

"Why did he kept a record of everything? Is it relatable to Victoria's death?"

"It does explain everything, including why she died that way. And there's something your father needed to tell you but didn't have the chance to"

"You mean... Who were after them?"

My uncle was surprised by what I said and went silent. I'm also confused as to how my parents lost their lives, I saw their bodies lying on the floor covered with blood when I returned from a 2-day and 1-night camping. I never expected my parents to die at the same time in the same place.

I know my uncle wants to talk about it. But he was hesitant. Thus, I decided to not force him but once he opened his mouth to tell me something, we were interrupted.

"Hun! Food is ready! Call Yujin too while you're there.", It was my aunt's voice.

"Okay!"

"Yujin, you will understand everything after reading this book. It will tell you everything and I hope when you understand it.. you will keep your composure, okay?", my uncle continued.

If it's true, then I want to know the answer.

-

Ha. I didn't know Father was a kind of guy who's full of curiosity and has lots of imagination just like me. But, what does he know about Victoria?

I opened the dusty ancient book which had a symbol of man's silhouette with dark horns like a demon. Hm, pretty nice. The cover of the book looked so outdated and was torn apart on the edge.

The first page of the book is just a picture of the monster that I mentioned earlier. And the next page, it doesn't seem so important to me because it tells about the story about the previous era on what happens to the people before. I only want to know about Victoria Din Daniel but maybe this is useful.

It didn't explain anything about what the meaning of the colors they are showing and the meaning of the 'monsters' they stated here.

Oh! here's the important part.