40.LITTLE RED

"Master"

Wan Huang was taken aback. Little xiufeng never addressed her as master. He always bossed around calling her smelly girl, smelly brat and whatnot. Suddenly calling her with a respectful moniker, she was overwhelmed.

She looked at him, holding her possessively in his arms while glaring at something. She turned her head, followed his view and saw the fire tiger crouching beside her in a pitiful manner.

"Master".

The voice sounded again inside her head.

It doesn't sound like Xiufeng, then who is it?

Her gaze stopped at the big cat, trying his best to appear pitiful to get her attention. Realizing something she gazed at Xiufeng inquisitively.

"He is your new contract beast".

It took great effort for xiufeng to complete the sentence.

He was a divine phoenix and somehow ended up being the little girl's contractual spirit beast. When he first got to know her, she was just a good for nothing without an ounce of spiritual Qi in her.

But later on, the girl surprised him by her growth and determination to the point that he became obsessed with being her sole contractual beast.

She treated him well, even though she would occasionally tease him but nevertheless she was a good master who patiently endured his arrogance and bossy nature.

He became extremely possessive about her. He didn't want to share his genius master with any other spirit beast, but he never expected a lowly fire tiger to sneakily establish a contract with his dear Master.

He wanted to tell her to remove the contract with the lowly tiger, but he had to swallow his words upon seeing his master's eyes spinning with adoration.

Well, he knew she had little defence against furry things.

Wan Huang forgot all about little xiufeng when she saw the tiger crouching at a corner, sadness emanating from his form and tears flooded his big drooping beady eyes.

"Master, do you not like me?"
His sniffling crumbled the last vestiges of defence in her mind as she extended her hands petting him over his head.

"Wuuuu.... Master.. I am sorry..wuuuu..I didn't knew you would become my master..wuuu...Master,please do not dislike me... I will be obedient from now on.. I won't run if you ask me to walk..I wont sit if you ask me to stand... please master, do not dislike me.. wuuuu...."

The fire tiger took his grief to a next level where he transformed himself into a tiger cub and voiced his cries, a mixture of meowing and roaring.

Wan Huang felt her eyes tear up and she embraced the little cub in her hands petting his head and body trying to calm him down.

That little beast, not only did he establish a contract with my master now trying to gain her attention? Just dream on. Xiufeng gnashed his teeth in jealousy.

And this girl, does she even have him in her eyes? How dare she embrace that lowly beast in front of him?

Xiufeng sent deathly glares to the little cub in her hands that made it to hide itself in the crook of her hands.

Sensing the hostility, Wan Huang slowly let the cub down and apologetically looked at xiufeng. Damn, she forgot about her possessive little xiufeng.

"A lowly thing schemed against you, and you accepted that, did you forget about our main mission? Why did we come here?"

Little xiufeng poured out his anger and jealousy and shouted at her.