46. THE SECT TRIALS-2

The disciple who was ranked thirty was a senior disciple Peng Qiaolian at profound Sky realm level 5. She had been in the outer sect for six years and was preparing to enter the inner sect this year.

She was taken aback in surprise when Wan Fang issued a challenge to her. Furthermore, she was also surprised at Wan Fang's first victory, then scoffed in ridicule at Wan Fang's persistence to challenge her.

“Since junior sister wants to compare strengths, this senior sister shall accompany you”.

Peng Qiaolian gracefully flew towards the battle ring and landed gently, flashing a beautiful smile.
“ junior sister, let's begin”.

Her figure turned into a shadow and rushed towards Wan Fang. Wan Fang stood rooted to the ground calmly observing the attack, which the audience perceived as her being too stunned to move.

They all broke out in a cold sweat for her and subconsciously wanted her to avoid the attack.

Just as the sword tip was about to touch her, she drifted sideways, evading the attack. Stunned by her missed attack, Peng Qiaolian lost focus and was confronted by a cold light from her opponent's sword.

Losing balanced, she stumbled back. Seeing an opening, Wan Fang advanced forwards, forcing Peng Qiaolian against the edge of the ring.

To turn the fight around and save herself from an embarrassing defeat, Peng Qiaolian was forced to go into offensive mode.

Wan Fang changed her strategy and was waiting for her at this point. Her sword danced at a speed that sent her opponent's mind into a daze, which disrupted her momentum, pushing her into a passive position.

As Peng Qiaolian panicked more, the more disadvantageous her position was, and in a moment of distraction, she was thrown out of the ring.

“You let me win”. Wan Fang bowed to thank her opponent.

Peng Qiaolian was shocked. She, a senior disciple at level 5 was defeated by a young girl at level 1. This was absolutely disgraceful. Her rank dropped from thirty to forty. If she had to regain her rank, she had to challenge someone above rank thirty.

Embarrassed, Peng Qiaolian quickly left the arena, while the gallery went up in sounds of exclamations and cheers.

In the observer room, the inner sect masters started discussing, as they finally had something interesting to chat about. Many thoughts, circulated in their minds, but each kept their thoughts to themselves.

In the arena, Wan Huang used up her two chances to challenge and returned victoriously to her seat. Unaffected by the gazes on her, she went back to the arena to watch the next battles.

The next three candidates who went up issued challenge within their ranks, swimming within the last five ranks.

The senior disciple who was challenged by Wan Fang managed to raise his rank to thirty-nine.

Next day, it was Wan Huang's turn.

Seeing it was turning boring after the first opening challenge, the excitement died down.

Wan Huang calmly walked to the ring and with a fleeting glance at the top twenty rank candidates, she issued her challenge.

“Disciple Li Huang wishes to challenge rank twenty”.

A strange silence fell upon the gallery. Everyone opened their eyes widely to have a good look at this unassuming girl. Was history going to repeat itself?

But wasn't she too brazen? Level 1 against Level 6 directly?

Soon, everyone looked down on her, calling her arrogant and ignorant.

Wan Huang waited on the ring patiently for her opponent's arrival. All the cheers and disregarding remarks didn't bother her, as she was only focused on the duel.

Rank twenty, senior disciple Feng Bojing curled his lips at her boldness. He slowly walked to the arena, taking up her challenge.

He cast her a cold look and said, “you may begin, junior sister”.

Feng Bojing as his name suggested was a gentle person. No matter his ranked moved up or down the chart, he was never arrogant nor envious. He always strived to improve himself.

Wan Huang and Feng Bojing stood at two ends of the ring. Seeing, the first strike presented to her, she moved but not rashly.

She suddenly leaped forwards, pointing her sword at Feng Bojing. He didn't dodge the oncoming sword, with a cold light in his eyes, he threw out a punch.

But before his punch could hit Wan Huang, she suddenly changed her direction and was now behind him, throwing out a punch that blew him out of the ring.

Fortunately, he changed the direction of the fall and managed to remain in the ring.

One could not underestimate the opponent. A maniacal smile spread on his lips. “Junior sister, let's continue”.

Wan Huang knew this was going to be a hard fight.

Feng Bojing did not want to lose the upper hand this time. He attacked Wan Huang immediately.

His figure turned into a blurry shadow and dashed towards Wan Huang like a wind. His sword was now pointing towards her temple.

However, the instant, when the sword was about to touch her, she turned sideways on her toes, evading it.

Everyone was surprised by how she evaded the hit, calling her lucky.

Feng Bojing frowned at his missed attack and stared at Wan Huang who remained as calm as a sea. He sheathed his sword and opened his palms, and a strong energy flowed out of them.

The surrounding air became cold and icicles as sharp as swords started raining down.

The Ice Sword! A level 5 ice elemental attribute technique.

The masters of the outer sect widened their eyes. The inner sect masters nodded their heads in appreciation.

A level 5 techniques is the highest technique one could learn in the outer sect. The fact that he could master the technique showed his ability.

How could a measly level 1 cultivator go against such a powerful cultivator?

Everyone reached a conclusion about the winner of this fight.

Feng Bojing extended his hands and an ice sword appeared in his hand. He swung his sword at Wan Huang, impatient to end the duel, and suddenly, the icicles near Wan Huang started melting.

An orange yellow flame burned on her palms, which grew bigger, to become a ball of fire which engulfed her.

Just as Feng Bojing managed to compose himself from the momentary distraction, the ball of fire rushed towards him. It engulfed him, and before he could counterattack, a flurry of hard punches rained down on him.

He was pushed into a passive mode, defending the punches, and the next second he felt like he was flying through the air.

The next moment, cheers resounded through the arena, bringing Feng Bojing back to reality. He saw Wan Huang at the ring thanking him for the match while he was sprawled on the ground outside the ring.

He lost. The maniacal look on his face subsided, and a gentle look appeared.

“ I never knew such a disciple existed in the outer sect. You really broadened my horizons”. Feng Bojing said.

“Senior brother is strong too. Thanks for letting me win”. She politely replied.

The old master announced the results and Wan Huang was now at rank twenty. While everyone was surprised at the emergence of two dark horses, another exciting match was going on in the next ring.