41. FREEZING SNOWLANDS

In a short time, the trio were transported from the hot lava valley to the cold freezing snowlands.

The sudden invasion of cold made Wan Huang shiver as she mobilized her powers to keep her warm.

She took out the winter clothes she prepared for this journey and wore it to prevent the biting cold from damaging her body.

It still could not completely block the frigid cold that entered her body through the soles of her shoes.

Contrary to the hot lava valley, freezing snowlands was nothing but a great expanse of white land covered in snow. It was barren without any sign of life at the outer borders but a few flora could be seen as she entered deep into the land.

She had two motives for coming here. Her main goal was to find the bowing fairy flower to concoct the elixir and the second was to complete the mission she took.

Throughout her journey in this snow land, she did not find any beasts or humans; but she remained alert all-time for unseen dangers.

She narrowed down the area of search where she could find the herb according to their previous analysis.

Moving from one location to another, she finally found the bowing fairy plant near one of the frozen lakes. Thankfully, it was in full bloom untouched by anyone.

The bowing fairy flower grew next to the dens of grizzly ice bear. Locating the herb meant, she could also find the grizzly ice bear here that would save her another trip for the search.

After a bit of probing, lucky for her, there were no grizzly bears in the vicinity. She took time and carefully plucked the herb and was about to leave the territory when she heard an angry growl behind her.

Shocked, she turned around. An angry grizzly bear stood a few steps in front of her baring its teeth and growling at her.

The bear had left two cubs in her den and went to hunt for food. There wasn't much human interaction that happened in this ice cold land, so it didn't  take much precautions.

When it returned after hunt, it saw a human suspiciously lingering near her den. Did she come to steal her cubs?

Anger muddled its mental state as it rushed towards the human.

Came to steal my cub? I'll tear you down to pieces.

Wan Huang panicked for a moment at the unexpected attack. Hit by the force she was thrown away from the entrance of the den.

It was an intermediate sky level bear while she was just at the beginner level of sky realm. The difference of strength was a huge drawback.

For the next few hours, the roaring of the bear and the cracking sounds of the ice echoed through the snowlands.

Little red and little xiufeng  tried many times to come out and help her, but she adamantly refused their help. She had to overcome the difficulties by herself, trying to rely on other's help will not always work out.

The battle lasted for a few more hours and finally, Wan Huang managed to kill the grizzly ice bear.

Tired from the battle, Wan Huang kneeled on the ice. Her clothes were ripped in several places with blood staining them red.

In her hands she held a bluish bead, the core of the grizzly ice bear packed with its spiritual energy.

She was utterly exhausted after a tiring battle. All she wanted now was to find a safe place to nurse her wounds and recuperate.

She sensed the approach of some high level cultivators. She wanted to move fast so as to not get caught in unnecessary problems, but her body would not compile with her wishes.

Tired and weak, she could only drag her body a few meters before she heard arrogant voices behind her.

"Seventh senior brother, this time master specially sent us to this damn freezing place to obtain the core of grizzly ice bear. But some lowly thief stole it just before our arrival. Say, what shall we do now?"

"Little fifth, this grizzly bear belonged to us. If someone steals from us, we should ask it back".

"What third brother said is correct.we should not allow anyone to snatched anything from us. Little fifth go ask our things from that thief".

The youngster called little fifth appeared before Wan Huang blocking her path and demanded in an arrogant voice.

"Little thief, that grizzly bear belonged to us. We know you have the core with you, so obediently  hand it back if you don't want to be smashed into a meat paste".

Wan Huang ignored the youngster's rambling and walked forwards. She knew their cultivation was at a higher level than hers and at her present condition she cannot even defend herself. She had to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Third brother, I think this little thief has got some hearing problems, she did not hear my question".

Following the youngster's complaint Wan Huang felt the the other three cultivators rushing at her from behind. True to her speculations, she was hit by a force from behind, that send her flying forwards where she landed above what seemed to be a frozen pond.

"Girl, listen to us. Return the beast core to us and let us all go on our ways peacefully, what do you say?" The one referred to as the third brother spoke up.

"I hunted the grizzly bear and obtained its core. Why should I give you something that I worked for just because you are asking me?" Wan Huang retorted.

"So you won't  hand it over to us?" He asked again.

"No". She replied stubbornly. Anyway, she has hidden the core inside the Red jade palace, they won't be able to get it.

"Tck.. just a girl at the elementary stage of cultivation dares to go against us at true spirit stage? Did water fill her brain?"

"Little fifth, don't scare her, what if she gets scared and faints away? She is already so weak with injuries. Seventh senior brother what is your opinion?"

The youngster referred as the seventh senior brother gazed at her,deeply studying her. Un, courageous  with strong will power. Same as before, not bad.

The youngster walked towards her and squatted down. Playfulness and mischief danced in his eyes as he saw her guarding against him with caution. A sly smile emerged on his lips.

"Girl, will you give us the core back, we can trade it with anything you want".

"I told earlier, I wont trade it". This youth, gave her a dangerous feeling.

"It's a pity". Just as he finished his words the ice below her cracked and a hole formed, Wan Huang fell into the deep hole.

She sunk down to the depth of the lake, while the crack that formed earlier closed as if such a thing never happened.

The youngster walked away, commanding the rest to hunt another grizzly bear and left the place.

'Little girl, I finally met you'.