42. DISCIPLE-IN-NAME

It has been four months, since Wan Bei left the sect to train outside for the upcoming sect trials.

Speaking about it, she would have been grouped with her fellow classmates to go out for training, but her current status as Master Cang's disciple-in-name brought her unexpected privileges.

With Master Cang's influence, she was included in the team of the top five, among the top hundred rank list disciples.

With them choosing the appropriate training ground and methods, she benefited greatly which directly reflected in her progress.

In just four months, she went from profound earth stage level 6 to profound sky level 1.

Currently at the peak of profound Sky level 1, she earned the admiration of her senior teammates, who occasionally gave guidance to her that helped her progress rapidly. The level improving pills given by Master Cang also played an important role in her improvement.

Taking turns in battling demonic beasts at night and cultivating during daytime, Wan Bei followed the methodical training arranged for the top disciples at outer sect.

With her gentle and aloof disposition she captured the hearts of her senior brothers and acknowledgement of her senior sisters.

Dawn crackled at the edge of the horizon.

Wan Bei just finished battling an intermediate sky level demonic beast-the three headed serpent and returned to their camp.

Feeling the spiritual Qi about to breakthrough, she immediately sat down and started meditating. Her teammates sensing the occasion, spread out in a protective form, standing guard for their junior sister.

Seconds, minutes and hours passed by, morning went and noon appeared. A wave of spiritual energy rushed out from Wan Bei's body and spread outwards. The team members protected themselves from the oncoming wave of energy, and Wan Bei broke through into profound sky realm level 2.

Opening her eyes, she saw her senior teammates surrounding her in admiration. Pride and arrogance filled her mind which she thoroughly masked with the pretence of humility.

Noon gave way to evening. As it was not her turn to stand guard this evening, Wan Bei enjoyed a rare moment of laziness lying under the shade of a large tree.

She remembered the instructions Master Cang gave her before she left for training.

She was just a disciple-in-name now. To become Master Cang's official disciple, she had to qualify the sect trials and should pass the inner sect disciple selection test.

In order to ensure bare success in the selection test, she had to reach atleast profound Sky level 6 to compete with the top ten of the outer sect disciples. She had to speed up her cultivation as she had only three months left to jump four levels in rank.

Motivated by her aim, she delved into cultivation leaving her teammates sighing over her diligence and hardwork.
***

At morning of the same day, the Wan family in Chengdu ushered in a honorable guest.

It was none other than Master Cang, the grandmaster level pill refiner of the inner sect of Celestial jade sect.

He came to visit the Wan family at the behest of his disciple-in-name Wan Bei. She earnestly pleaded with him seeking his guidance and blessings on her path towards higher achievements.

She wanted to walk the path of a cultivator and pill refiner and bring glory to her masters. But the marriage agreement was a stumbling block in her path.