48. INNER SECT

Among the hundreds of disciples who participated for the inner sect trials, twenty-one of them qualified and were selected as new blood for the inner sect.

They stood high on the stage surrounded by the inner sect masters of the four factions. The grand leader of the sect who never appeared publicly unless it was an important occasion was presiding over today's tournament.

"Your talents brought you here to the celestial jade sect. Your perseverence and hardwork elevated you to an inner sect disciple. Never lose the passion you had when you first enetered the sect. Do not slack off, continue to work hard. When you are out of the sect, your words and actions should always place our sect's honor as the priority".

The grand sect leader's words motivated not only the new inner sect disciples, but also those disciples who did not manage to get selected this time.

The twenty-one disciples were given the tokens of inner sect. This served as their identity token and also as the key to enter and exit through the barrier of the inner sect.

Ren Weilin, Ren Yun lian and Yun shan stared in envy at Wan Fang and Wan Huang. Four of them started at the same point, but Wan Huang and Wan Fang left them far behind in terms of strength and aptitude.

Reluctant to accept such an outcome, they gnashed their teeth in anger.

Chu Tianyin fared much worse.

He always believed the genius girl of Chang'an, would always be under his control. Even if she fared better than him in cultivation, he could keep her down under the title of his crown princess. So he was confident in bringing her to  celestial jade sect.

But his plans went to drain as she started to catch the attention of various sect masters with her talent and cultivation. She even became the in-name disciple of Master Cang.

He tried to meet her many times but was rejected with the excuse of  'focusing on cultivation'. Slowly she started to distance herself from him, avoiding him as if he was a stranger.

She even made use of Master Cang to call off their marriage agreement, making him a laughing stock in his country.

Slowly he came to realise, she was making use of him. At first, she wanted the power that came with the title of his crown princess. When she entered the sect, and saw the wide path for a future that could bring her endless glory and freedom, she didn't hesitate to cut ties with him.

Everyone thought she was a humble, down to earth girl, but he knew very well how arrogant and vicious she even, not even sparing her half sister out of jealousy and greed.

Because of her, he was stuck in cultivation, not rising up from the Profound sky realm level one.

He watched on in envy and anger at how she held her head high and walked past without sparing a glance at him.

Everyone dispersed from the grounds, their minds still playing the highlights of today's trials. Remembering the strength of top ranking disciples, they motivated themselves to train harder and enter the inner sect next time.

The sun went down, and the stars rose in the sky, glittering like diamonds.

Under the night sky, a shadow moved fast towards a courtyard that housed the male disciples.

Inside the room, the three croonies of Ren Yun Lian was sleeping soundly, tired from watching today's tournament.

Wan Huang moved towards the incense holder and swapped the incense with one she brought, and lighted it.

She had initially mixed the qi disturbing powder in their water and replaced their pills with meridian breaking pills she refined. Both mixed together, had no effects but when the incense is mixed together with it, it produces a deadly combination that will sever the meridians and disperse the spiritual qi and soon the body will wither away leaving behind a mummified corpse.

Retribution to them has been dealt with. Now the two sisters remained.

Finishing off her work, she moved towards the rooms both sisters stayed in.
*****************

The Inner sect of the celestial jade sect, although situated inside the sect, were worlds apart when compared to the outer sect.

A thick barrier of spiritual energy, separates the inner sect and outer sect which appears like a waterfall. This was the doorway to the inner sect.

The abundant spiritual energy and the superior living conditions here are incomparable to the standard living conditions of the outer sect.

The inner sect token given to them was activated by infusing their spiritual qi. This could then be used to cross the barrier of the inner sect.

The inner sect was a world in its own with gurgling narrow streams surrounded by lush green vegetation that was home for numerous birds whose chirpings created a unique melody of nature.

Under the azure blue sky, several mountain peaks stood tall from the deep blue water, like an island with its waterfalls mystically originating and ending in the deep blue waters.

Each mountain peak was home to the four divisions of the inner sect.

The blazing star mountain peak belonged to the weapon forging faction, with armory, workshops and training grounds.

The dark wind peak belonged to the sword mastery faction, with large training fields and different elemental attribute settings for personalized training.

The twilight peak was home for the array faction.

The maple leaf peak of the inner sect is owned by the pill refining faction. With vast fields of medicinal plants and pill refining workshops, it was the third largest and the grandest one among the seven peaks of the inner sect.

It was also home to Master Cang and his disciples and a few pill refiners under him.

The smallest peak was the abode of master Murong. Apart from the Great elder of the inner sect, no one knew the background of master Murong, or what made him so special to have a private peak of his own, nor his full strength.

The largest peak belonged to the Grand elder of the inner sect. There is a massive temple on the peak, seemingly reaching up to the sky, overlooking the peaks.

The seventh peak was called the mysterious peak. From the beginning of the time, no one has ever stepped on the peak and no one exactly knows what mystery it hides.