Full Moon

"you know crazy things always happen on full moons," Blair said from beside me as we stood on a large balcony. I didn't really know much about those sorts of things but I don't know that Blair was correct on that one. This kind of stuff seemed to be Blair's strong suit. Even if it was the total opposite of how she was before summer.

I always knew people changed but I never knew it was possible for people to change that quickly.

She didn't believe in a single paranormal thing but now it was all she cared about. To be it didn't make sense but I was sure it never would so what was the point if worrying about it.

"yea so let's expect the worst tonight," I said as I walked back into my room.

So far my method of locking myself in a room and staying quiet had been working pretty well. All I needed was company and now that Blair was here my plan had been perfect. I got to mind my business and also get human contact!

The screaming had stopped at this point I figured Kennedy had given up on her war and Josie had been somewhere hiding.

To me, everything was finally perfect.

Well, not really perfect. Just close enough. All I needed was silence. I didn't care how much everybody hated each other. Everything was all good if we just had silence. I could bear to hear Kennedy's mouth run for any longer. I could stand hearing my parents only giving half-answers.

The truth had already come out and they were still trying to hide it. You would think that after your daughter finds out she's adopted you should own up to it and tell her the truth right? Well, not to my parents that is. Even after everything is there they just couldn't give her the truth. I was mad at her but she still deserved to know the truth about her background. She deserved the same treatment I had gotten. But according to them, that didn't matter.

Blair began to laugh from beside me. I could have wondered about all of the reasons why but that would take way to long since this whole situation happened to be hilarious.

"what?" I asked with a smile.

" it's just this whole situation. Like how everything happened how we're here now. It all just really funny from an outside perspective" she said as she laid on my bed.

"true," I said as I took a seat on the floor. I ft like the best conversations always took place on a floor. " it's like even though I'm apart of it I'm not apart of it you know?"

"yea, I feel the same. Like I watch and sometimes add my opinions but other than that I have nothing to do with this whole thing".

"thankfully"

" I have no idea what I would do if I was in Kennedy's place. Everything is so messed up" she said as she got up from the bed and headed towards the door.

"hungry?" I asked

"hungry"

~~

I sighed as I finally sat down. After searching through the fridge for approximately 21 minutes I was done. There was absolutely no good food in this house. Another reason why I couldn't call this place home. It didn't even have food!

"Why am I not even surprised," Blair said as she took a seat next to me. My stomach growled as hunger began to take over. It was right then when I actually started to feel hungry. The whole time I was fine that was until Blair mentioned food. Now I was starving.

"so what do we do?" I asked as my head hit the table softly. I was ready to take a nap right then and there but the hunger was way too much. I couldn't just sleep it off like I normally did.

"Maybe there's food somewhere else," Blair said as she got up from the chair. I looked around the dark room we were in. We didn't think to turn on the lights. We figured the fridge lights would be enough but now I could barely see Blair.

"don't see anything," I said as I motioned towards the rest of the room.

"maybe because the lights are off," Blair said as she went to turn them on

"nope. It's way too late for that" I said as I began to walk out the kitchen.

"well how are we gonna find food if it's dark," she said as she followed behind.

"We aren't," I said as I walked up the stairs. Then it hit me. I had an idea. A dangerous idea but a good one. It might have involved me putting myself at the center of all this drama but it was worth it.

"what is it," Blair said from behind me.

"Kennedy has a mini-fridge," I said as I began moving quicker. Getting food had seemed like a life or death situation at this point.

"in her room??!" asked the girl. I knew Blair knew this was a horrible idea but I didn't care. I was going to get that food no matter what. I was set.

"Yup," I said as I began moving quickly towards the girl's room.

It wasn't long until we both reached her room. My hand slowly moved towards the doorknob in hopes that it would open.

This was our last chance.

"open" I whispered as the knob turned. I turned to Blair who had looked completely done with my antics. I knew she wasn't going to cooperate with me so I just needed to do this myself.

I took a peek in the room only to see a sleeping Kennedy. She must have slept all her anger out.

I knew it was now or never.

My feet were silent as I crept into the room. I could get caught.

My eyes fell on the mini-fridge that had luckily been close to the door. I turned to Blair stood at the doorway.

I rushed towards the fridge and prayed it wouldn't make a sound. Pull. The door flew open making a slight sound that probably could have been avoided if it wasn't for my fear.

My eyes fell over a full fridge. Full of empty wrappers and old chips. I looked back at Blair who had been gone.

My heart instantly dropped in fear that Kennedy had woken up. Food was no longer in my mind. Now I needed to get out.

Quickly ran straight out the room softly closing the door behind me.

My eyes focused on Blair. It had been dark but I could still see. Then my eyes focused on what she was looking at.

A door.

It was a door that gave creepy vibes by just looking at it. I knew from how hard Blair was staring. She planned to go in.

"mhmm nope," I said as I began to turn down the hall.

"no wait there's probably food in there" She responded as she looked turned to me. I knew there wasn't any food in there. She just wanted me to go in. I wasn't that stupid nor was I that hungry.

"I'll take my chances with take out"