The Perfect Nightmare

Before I could even register what was happening a large group of people began to rush into the dining room. I watched as a woman in expansive dresses and men in perfect suits flooded in as their children followed. Not a single face was sad or scared. Everybody had been happy.

Even after a murder.

If that didn't make your blood boil then I didn't know what could. I would have been surprised if I saw both of my parents dancing in the crowd. They also seemed like the type that didn't care about anybody but themselves. I just couldn't believe it.

"let's go" I whispered as I began to walk through the crowd. The music had been loud as bodies moved beside me. I hadn't known how many times somebody pushed me or shoved their hip into me.

"I swear to god" Josie whispered as another person ran right into her.

"I wonder if it's the people who stray away from the crown who die," Wren said as we finally got out if the crowd.

"seem's that way," I said as I took a turn down a hallway. " I'm just trying to find the scene"

"yea where's the people who actually care about this stuff," Josie said as we continued down the hallway.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I failed to see a familiar face walking by but the moment I saw her I was more they confused. I turn my head and my eyes met with the girl my sister had gotten into a fight with. She gave me a look. A look filled with something dark. I notice a large bandaid plastered to her face. One I had never seen before.

He faces quickly changed into a smile the moment she laid her eyes in Kennedy. I knew I needed to relay that message back to Blair.

"omg ken what are you doing here" shouted the girl excitedly while at the same time ruining our dark ominous mood. She was so fake. You could see it in everything she did. I could never trust somebody like her. I could read right through her and something had been telling me that things were incredibly wrong with her.

Kennedy immediately pulled her in and gave her a huge hug. A hug that girl definitely didn't deserve.

"Were just-" I cut the girl off before she could even finish I wasn't going to allow her to tell this girl our business. Blair had hated her with a passion and I want that stupid. I was gullible but no anywhere near as gullible as Kennedy.

"I'm sure you already know," I said not fully knowing what I even meant.

"yea sure," she said as she walked away with the sounds of her heals filling the room. Only then did I notice her short old looking blue dress or her white stockings. Every time I saw that girl she was always in the latest fashion trends now she had gone back 2 generations

"what's your problem," Kennedy asked an angry look on her face. I knew that that was her friend and all but it wasn't. My fault her friend had did messed up stuff to our sister. I didn't want to make her choose but really; was it that hard to see?

Whatever this place had done to Blair this girl was apart of it.

"my problem is that she did something to your sister and you don't seem to care," I said while getting closer to the girl.

"well that not my business" she scoffed " I should have known there was no forgiving you," she said as our group started walking forward.

"forgiving me? You mean forgiving you!" I yelled. The girl must be been confused because I was sure she was the one that hurt me. It definitely wasn't the other way around.

"guys," said Josie. She sounded like she had just seen a ghost. Both me and Kennedy instantly turned out headers forward to see what had affected Josie.

My eyes fell on a large group of police. They looked stressed and confused with what they had been dealing with.

I instantly knew that this had been exactly what I was looking for. At that moment all if the cops turned to us and began motioning us to go the other way. I should have known things weren't going to be that easy. I sighed as I walked forward. The cops got even angrier as we continued to walk towards them even though they had told us not to. They were foolish to think we would just turn a blind eye to everything that was happening. Unlike everybody else here we cared. We wanted the truth no matter what it took. Once I was set on something I was set.

"look we just want to know what happened," Wren said as we finally reached the group. For such a small person she was really good at being intimidating.

"look why should we tell a group of kids what the hell happened here. Hell We barely even know what happened" said one of the men.

"because we asked," said Kennedy with a confused face

"I'm surprised actually. It seems like nobody cares about the fact that this kid was killed. Well except for you kids." the man looked like he was debating telling us the truth but I couldn't be sure.

"yea we've noticed it too" I add. I didn't need to say it but if it made the police more comfortable with us then I would do anything.

"crazy" whispered the man as he shook his head " the boy was about your age he was strangled by what looks like is an adult man. The only thing we have is that the kid was open about his sexuality so it could've been a hate crime but we don't really know for sure."

"We need to go," said a voice the ran up behind up. My eyes fell on a worried Dean. "Blair can't take it anymore she needs to leave". The boy began to pull us away from the cops.

I turned back to the crime scene as I ran. The carpet looks just like it did everywhere else except there somebody was murdered.

And I wouldn't ever get the answer I needed.