Going Where?

The sound of the car door slamming was the last thing I heard before I got lost in a pancake daze. I was fully engrossed in the thoughts of some good pancakes that I had been no longer paying attention to the conversations going on around me. Everyone had been getting on great. Who would have thought that your parents going insane would bring a family together.

My legs moved quickly towards the blue building. I could taste the pancakes already on my taste buds. All I could think about was how blessed I was going to be the moment those pancakes went into my mouth.

The thought was enough to make me want to cry. For some odd reason that always happened.

Before I knew it we were all at the table waiting for our orders. I knew this would be the worst part of my day. I didn't know how long I could wait.  I needed food more then I needed anything else at this point. I couldn't even join the conversation because I could do as is what was happening around me. All that was on my mind was food. I really must be been that hungry.

"yea I used to have an obsession with solving unsolved cases and I tried the pink hotel case for a while I just really could figure it out. I was totally stumped" said Wren as the waiter put down our drinks. Blair nodded her head but I knew that wasn't what she was really feeling. The girl looked conflicted. She looked like she had no idea what to say. I wished I could have been her for a day do I could finally understand what was going on in her brain. I didn't want to ask questions anymore.

My eyes fell on a large plate of good coming my way and instantly I knew it was over. I was about to go crazy on that food no matter what anybody said. I was set.

~~

I took in the last bite of m food and savored every bit of it. I was absolutely full. My plate had looked clean and my cup was empty. I was done. I had never been happier now that I was finally done. I didn't care about how my life was falling apart I had good in my stomach that was all that mattered.

I turned to the group who had been nowhere near close to done. It hit me that it had only been 8 minutes since I had got the food in the first place and now I was done. Sure it was crazy but I wasn't really surprised by it.

"Wow, Mingyu," Josie said as she scarfed down some food. I was supposed they weren't done yet I was pretty sure they were just as close to starvation as me. I guess I was wrong with that one.

"refill please," I said as our waiter passed by.

"no problem," said the man as he grabbed the cup and walked off.

"I don't know how you can eat all of that and still want another cup of soda," Blair said as she put her fork down and sat back. I was shocked that she was already full. I looked at her place closer trying to register all the food that was still on it. I was amazed and disgusted at the same time. How could you be so hungry and still can't fully eat a plate of some fire food? That was impossible.

"Already done?" I questioned as I looked at Blair and then back at her food.

"Yup," she said with a laugh

"that's literally disturbing". I looked at the rest of them in shock. They needed to understand my pain. The pain I got just for Looking at the plate.

"he's right it is crazy." Said Wren as she looked at the plate closely "I thought you guys were starving"

"It must've been just in our minds or maybe it was just the feeling of wanting to leave that house," Kennedy said as she put her fork down "am I the only one who got huge creepy vibes from That place?"

"yea" Blair added "when I first got there to me there was nothing wrong. Everything was normal. Not a single bad feeling. But the other day was different. The feeling brought me back". The girl's head fell in her hand in pain.

"ok that enough" Josie said as she motioned for us to all stop.

I watched the girl in fear. We all did. Abruptly my phone began to ring causing all of us to jump. I read the caller idea in shock. He had never called me. It was Dean. I quickly answered and put the phone to my ears.

This wasn't a coincidence. This was real.

"what happened," I said shakily. I was a big ball of worry and fear wrapped in one.

"did something happen to you you seem scared," Said the boy. His voice was also filled with the same fear as mine.

"no, it was just Blair," I said "what about you? Your voice seems just as shakey as mines"

"look...just put Blair on" Dean whispered. I looked over to the girl who looked like she had been recovering. I didn't know if it would be the best idea to give it to her but then again I felt like I didn't really have a choice.

I put the phone to her ear and paid close attention in case something went wrong.

Instantaneously she looked normal. As if she snapped out of a trance.

"Dean?" She questioned All Wanted was for her to put the damn phone on speaker. "what happened?"

His answer must have put fear in her heart. Her eyes were filled with shock and dismay. I knew it had to be bad. She didn't respond to him instead she just hung the phone up.

"What is it?" I asked as I pulled her close.

In a tone so low she said exactly what put her in fear "there's been another murder at the pink hotel". As if on cue my phone lit up with a text from Dean.

"I need you to come" I read