chapter two

Emily

Today was the big day. The day Molly and Niall, and everyone else coming, would finally get to find out the gender of the baby. I of course, was the only one who knew and as happy as I was about it, I was feeling more nervous then I should be.

I had spent the past two hours, setting everything up in the private indoor and outdoor location that Niall and Molly had booked. I had ordered in over a hundred pink and blue balloons to just lay in different places as well as two pink and blue balloon arches. There were many different tables all piled up with different pink and blue sweets. I had set up two different places with aesthetic decorations if people wanted to take photos and had even set up an area for the many little kids that were coming.

Molly and Niall had organised for this gender reveal party to be a small one with just family and friends, but when we were making the guest list they realised there were so many people they wanted to invite and it turned into a massive list. But I didn't mind at all because one, everything I had set up was perfect for the large amount of people, and two, it would be easier to avoid him.

"Oh my god" I turned around at Molly's voice as her and Niall stood on the patio behind me.

"Molly! You look stunning!" I gasped, walking over to her and admiring the long, off the shoulder, white dress that showed off her bump exceptionally well.

"Oh thanks Em" Niall said sarcastically with a laugh. I turned to look at him giving him a chuckle as I found he was in his usual everyday clothes, jeans and a white top.

"You're tops a little creased" I joked, causing him to let out another laugh.

"Not the best compliment, but I'll take it" Niall chuckled.

"I'm kidding. You look wonderful" I told him. "When you're standing with Molly" I added.

"I can't believe we get to find out today!" Molly squealed excitedly, turning to Niall and placing her hands on his chest. He looked down at her with a smile and gave her a kiss.

"I know Molz. Only five more minutes and people will-" Niall was interrupted by a loud knock heard from the front door of the room inside. "Make that five seconds"

I chuckled and made my way over to the door, grabbing the pink and blue sticky notes on my way. I had had the idea of having everyone write a short message to Niall and Molly, on the coloured sticky note that they thought would be the gender.

I placed the sticky notes and pen beside the jar on the table by the door, before opening the front door and greeting whoever was showing up first, instantly recognising him as Nick Grimshaw.

"Hello, I'm Nick" He said, outstretching his hand for me. I took it in mine, giving it a shake.

"I'm Emily" I responded with a smile, noticing that there were two more groups of people making their way towards the door.

"Oh your Harry's girlfriend. I've heard a lot about you" He said with a smile. I felt my stomach drop at the mention of me being his girlfriend.

"Oh no, we're- we're not together anymore" I said, forcing a smile as I pulled my hand from his. I hated having to be the one to tell Nick that him and I were no longer together, seeing as he was obviously good friends with him.

"I'm so sorry- I shouldn't have mentioned it" Nick apologized, giving me a sympathetic look as more people showed up behind and beside him. I shook my head, forcing another smile.

"It's fine, you didn't know" I told him, before moving aside to let everyone file in one after the other. "There are sticky notes by this table for you to write a message to Niall and Molly on if you'd like" I told everyone as they walked in. "Make sure you write it on the coloured sticky note that you guess will be the gender" I added, not sure if what I had said made sense. It must have though because everyone began making there way towards the table as others continued to file in.