chapter seventeen

Emily

I was confused to say the least. I know I still wasn't over Harry, at least I don't think I was. I still got the same bubbly feeling in my stomach even when he would just say my name, I still got butterflies whenever he'd compliment me and I didn't want to leave and not be able to see him until one of us payed an unexpected visit. 

But of course I did leave, because I had to. I had a cafe that needed running. And now that I no longer shared that management role with Molly, things were more hectic then I'd thought they'd be.

And when I did leave, I don't think Harry minded as much. He didn't seem bothered and was most likely glad I was going seeing as I'd slept over for two nights, both of those nights being me sleeping with him.

Harry and I had ended up falling asleep on his comfortable couch outside. We'd fallen asleep in the same position we started in, Harry on top of me while I ran my hands through his hair in comfort after the incident with the paparazzi. When I woke up however, I was in the guest room. Leading me to believe Harry had carried me up some time during the night, and also giving me another example to prove he was over me because I know full well, I wouldn't have carried Harry upstairs, mostly because I wouldn't be able to but also because I'd want to stay in our comfortable position.

And so here I was, a week and a half later and ringing up Molly in the middle of the cafe's kitchen while non stop thoughts of Harry ran through my mind.

"Hello" Molly answered grumpily. 

"Hello grumpy?" I chuckled, walking over to the counter and leaning back against it.

"I'm not grumpy, it's just someone is giving me a hard time" She said, emphasizing the someone. I furrowed my eyebrows, not knowing whether it was Niall or the baby because what she said could be referring to either of the two. As if sensing my confusion Molly added. "I'm talking about the baby Em"

"Ok, well good to know Niall's not being a pain" I said with a laugh.

"Niall's being amazing. He can tell I've been in a lot of pain so he's been grabbing everything I need for me, he won't let me lift anything and oh! We were at the supermarket the other day and he wouldn't even let me push the shopping cart" Molly said, letting out a laugh that ended in a wince of pain. 

"Molly? Are you ok?" I asked, noticing the clear discomfort in her voice.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just uncomfortable" She replied as I heard shuffling on the other line of the phone. "Anyway, what did you ring for?"

"Oh yeah, well I'm not over Harry, at least I don't think so" I started, earning a small hum from Molly. "He's all I can think about and it's seriously making me mad. I'm not mad at Harry of course, I'm just mad because I don't-" I stopped after hearing Molly let out another wince. "Mol-"

"I'm fine, just keep going" She said. I hesitated before nodding my head, even though Molly couldn't see me.

"I'm just mad because I don't want my feelings to get in the way of us being friends. I know Harry doesn't feel the same way and he's easily been able to get over me- and oh, the sex was definitely a mistake and because we were both drunk but-" This time it wasn't a wince I heard but rather a small gasp of pain, or discomfort. "Molly are you ok?" I asked, getting worried because I didn't think the numbers of wincing and gasps were good when pregnant.

"Yes, really I'm fine. I think she's just kicking a lot and-" The other line of the phone went silent. I instantly thought of the worst and that maybe she had collapsed.

I leaned forward, no longer leaning against the counter. I waited for her to say something but nothing came. I opened my mouth, about to call out to her but she finally spoke.