chapter twenty

Emily

After last night, I was starting to second guess whether my feelings weren't the only ones that hadn't subsided. When I'd reached out for Harry's hand, it was purely out of comfort. But he didn't once try to remove his hand from mine, and rather his thumb gently caressed the back of my hand each time.

And then there was last night, which honestly left me both confused and happy about what was going on. We weren't together anymore and yet I didn't feel like we were friends either. I had said thank you to Harry for two reasons. One being the fact that I really was thankful for everything he'd done and everything he was doing. And two being that I wanted to see whether I'd get the answer I'd hoped for. Fortunately for me, I had. And it only made my insides feel like they were going to explode as cuddled in closer to him in happiness.

When I woke up this morning, it wasn't the feeling of being overly warm that had awaken me, but rather the sound of a loud beeping.

My eyes slowly opened as I took in my surroundings. There was no morning light shining from Harry's window, but rather it was still fairly dark, telling me we were in the early hours of the morning.

Harry shifted under me, reaching over and turning off the alarm that he had gratefully remembered to set. I was still laying on top of him, the two of us chest to chest without a difference in our position to how we fell asleep. 

Harry's hand tightened around my waist, pulling me closer towards him. Any other day I would have longed to stay in this position and done anything I could to go back to sleep with him, but this wasn't any other day.

Harry still seemed half asleep because he let out a groan, not bothering to open his eyes and pulling me back down as I tried to get up.

"Harry we need to get to the hospital and get Niall some clothes too" I told him, my voice cracking slightly from being the first time I'd spoken this morning. 

"I know" Harry replied, his voice impossibly lower then mine and only making my stomach flutter from the sound. He loosened his grip on my waist, allowing me to get up. And as much as I wanted to stay in his hold, I was wanting to get to the hospital more.

I slowly lifted myself up, reluctantly heading over to my bag and fishing through it and hoping that I'd managed to pack a suitable enough outfit when I was hurriedly throwing whatever I could find inside. Luckily for me, I did, and I pulled out the same jeans Harry had bought me a while ago as well as a cropped jumper.

I stood back up, glancing over to Harry who had managed to fall back asleep. Realising he wasn't going to get up until he absolutely had to, I made my way into his bathroom, locking the door behind me and getting changed out of yesterday's outfit that I hadn't bother to take off and getting changed into today's. 

I walked back out, finding Harry now cuddling with one of his pillows, soft snores coming from him as he lay peacefully asleep. I quietly made my way over, placing my hand on his muscled shoulder and gently shaking him.

"Harry" I said calmly. I got no reply and so I tried shaking him a little more harder then the first time. He let out a groan, not opening his eyes but abandoning his pillow and turning onto his side so he was facing me as I stood beside him.

"Five more minutes?" He asked, his voice even more groggy then before and his eyes still closed.

I didn't want to make him have to get up now, especially seeing as he'd set the alarm for five in the morning just for the sake of me wanting to get to the hospital.

"Ok" I said quietly. I went to lift my hand from his shoulder, only to have Harry angle his head down, placing a gentle kiss to the back of my hand. His small action caused my heart to flutter inside my chest and I couldn't help but love how soft Harry was in the morning, especially when he was half asleep.

LOVE DOESN'T LAST || H.S Book 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara