chapter sixteen

Emily

After Harry had driven us over to Molly and Niall's, I changed into some of her clothes quickly and spent whatever time I could telling her about everything that had happened.

Surprisingly, Molly wasn't shocked and was instead going on about how she knew we would end up needing each other soon enough. So the trip to get Molly's clothes and advice didn't go exactly as planned, but I couldn't blame her seeing as she had limited time to give me advice while Harry waited downstairs.

Harry and I ended up in Westfield, looking through all the baby onesies in 'Kids Around'. 

"Why don't they have any that say Uncle Harry's girl" Harry groaned. I let out a laugh and turned to face him, watching as he frustratedly searched the racks for what he was looking for.

"Maybe because not every baby has an Uncle Harry" I chuckled. I don't know whether Harry had heard me or was ignoring me, but he continued to look through the onesies. "And maybe because she's going to be an Aunty Em's girl, not an Uncle Harry's girl" This seemed to get Harry's attention because he slowly lifted his head from the onesies to look over to me. 

I could see the smile he was trying to fight back as he turned to face me fully.

"Is that so?" He asked, taking a step towards me so he was towering over me. I turned back around to the rack I was now in front of, not trusting myself to be that close to Harry.

"Yes, it is so" I replied as I looked through the little items of clothing. I sensed Harry take a step closer to me, his breath now fanning my neck as he placed his hands on my shoulder. Ignoring the now rapid beating of my heart, I looked up from the rack, about to turn around before spotting the clothing across the store caught my eye.

"Harry, overalls!" I said excitedly, tapping my hand on his and making my way over. 

Harry stopped beside me, instantly reaching for one of the denim overalls. He turned to me, holding them up so I could see.

"They're so tiny!" I said, breaking into a grin at how little the clothing looked in Harry's large hands. "We're getting them" I added, knowing they would be perfect. 

"We're?" Harry asked, holding back the overalls as I went to reach them. My hand stopped midway as I realised what I said. This baby shopping trip was meant to be for Harry, and yet I found my self letting words slip that I probably should have.

"Right, sorry. You're getting them" I said, turning around to the overalls rack as a distraction. Harry's hand grabbed onto my own, turning me back around to face him. 

"Just because we're not together, doesn't mean we can't get things together" He told me, making my lips turn upwards. I looked up to him, finding a small smile also played on his lips. 

"Well, I guess baby Horan is getting some overalls from Uncle Harry and Aunty Em" I replied. Harry didn't respond, but rather his smile widened. He let out a little chuckle before turning back around to continue shopping.

My hand felt bare without Harry's and I felt myself wishing he hadn't let go, but I turned to continue shopping anyway.

Harry and I ended up with a series of little items of clothing by the end of our shop. We'd gotten white shorts with yellow sunflowers printed on them, as well as a matching white dress with sunflowers. Much to Harry's delight he'd also found a sweater with the letter H and decided it was close enough to what he wanted. We'd also gotten a stuffed elephant that would definitely be bigger than the little one when she's born.

"These presents are from both of us, therefore I should be allowed to pay for half" I argued. Harry turned to me as the cashier continued to scan the items.