chapter nineteen

Harry

Niall had been in the private hospital room for four hours already. He hadn't come out since he'd gone in and I didn't even want to think about how he would be feeling right now. 

Emily had fallen asleep beside me close to an hour ago. Neither of us had said much and instead we'd both stayed quiet. I could tell how much this was killing her and I knew she just wanted to see Molly, but she was willing to wait however long she had to until she woke up. Unfortunately for her, she was going to have to leave some time soon. 

I didn't even have to think about bringing her back to mine. If she had to go back to Ireland, she'd most definitely be staying overnight here, and I didn't want that. What I did want however was to be able to hold her and comfort her. I knew I still had feelings for Emily, but love doesn't last, hence why she doesn't feel the same way.

I'd turned to my phone as a way to try and rid my thoughts from everything that had been going on. I spent most of my time going through countless amount of emails that I probably should have replied to long ago. 

It was only another half hour later that I realised neither Niall or Emily had eaten. I got up from my seat, making my way to the small cafe on the first floor.

I'd only got there within two minutes of their closing time. There wasn't many options for dinner so I opted to getting the three of us a toasted sandwich as well as a coffee for Niall and I and an iced coffee with extra whipped cream and chocolate drizzle for Emily.

I ventured back up to the fourth floor, finding Emily still sound asleep and in the exact same position as when I'd left her.

I didn't want to wake her because she had only been asleep for an hour and knowing Emily she wouldn't be getting much sleep tonight. I decided on going to Niall first, quietly knocking on the door and hearing a faint 'come in'.

I opened the door with my foot, being careful to not wake Molly even though she'd been put on a drug to stay asleep.

The first thing I noticed was the unconsciousness Molly, lying on the hospital bed, pale with swollen eyes. Niall was holding one of her hands in his, resting it against his cheek as he sat as close as he could to the side of the bed. His own eyes red and puffy and his cheeks were stained with dry tears.

"I uh, I don't know whether you're hungry but I got you a toasted sandwich and a coffee" I said quietly. Niall gave me a half smile in response as I placed his meal on the table beside him.

I didn't know whether Niall wanted me to go back out now or whether I should stay and keep him company for a little while. 

"Is Em still here too?" Niall asked. His voice was weak and faint, nothing like how he usually spoke. 

I nodded my head in response, glancing behind me as though I'd get a glimpse of her from inside.

"She doesn't want to leave" I said, lightly chuckling and turning back to Niall. He simply gave me a nod, looking back over to Molly. 

I decided on staying with him for a little while and I took the spare seat, placing Emily's drink on the ground and sitting our dinner on the table with Niall's.

Neither of us said anything and I hoped that my silent company was helping at least a bit. I didn't know what I could say to make this situation any better. I'm sure Niall had probably heard nurses and doctors reassure him that she'd be ok, so I didn't think he'd want to hear it again.

"Have you seen the baby?" I knew the answer to the question because Niall hadn't left this room, so I was purely saying it to break the silence. I glanced over to Niall, taking a sip of my coffee as he shook his head in response.