-+*Chapter One*+-

-TW- cussing -

Sugawara's POV

I sit at the table that was much to small for me to be sitting at. It had shapes taped onto it, all representing where the children sit.

I let a yawn past my lips as there was only one child left. I didn't have the chance to get her last name, but she just came in today. Her parents must work, because it is getting relatively late.

"Dad!" The child races up to the man who entered the classroom. I look up, not giving attention to who it is. From the child's reaction, it wasn't anyone she didn't know. I sign her off of the sign in-sign out sheet and her times.

"I'll just need your signature here, than-"

"Suga?" I look up and get a closer look at the man, no...no...it can't be him, right?

"Hm? Uh, yeah, that's my name." I smile lightly, try keeping it professional.

The man's mouth opens, trying to get the words out but couldn't so he signs the paper. I finally look down at the girls name, Mabel Sawamura. An English name? Hm..interesting. It took me a while to read her last name, Sawamura...? As in...great.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Ms. Sawamura." I wave as the man says his thanks as he carries his daughter out, she waves, "bye, Mr. Sugawara!" I shut the door and the classroom fills with silence.

Please don't tell me that's the Sawamura I'm thinking of...Of course it is, His daughter looks exactly like him.

*

*

*

As the days went forwards, I kept pushing myself to keep up the professional front in front of him. I'd say the 'hellos' and 'how are you's and didn't have discussions after that.

But one day, again being late because of work, he decided to talk to me, giving his daughter more time to clean up her mess.

"Why won't you talk to me?" I give him a confused look and shake my head, "my job is to watch your kid until 5:30. My job isn't to talk to you." I explain organizing the papers laid out across the table.

"Can you come over? We can talk it out? Please?" I shake my head again, "No. I'm sorry Sawamura but that's breaking my professional agreements." He sighs, "can we-"

"Look, it's been over ten years, and I don't know about you, but I don't really want to talk about something that happened when we were fifteen. Okay? Okay."

"But-"

"My shift ends in five minutes, so please leave my classroom." I smile politely, stacking the papers neatly.

"Bye, Mr. Sugawara!" Mabel was practically dragging Daichi out of the classroom, I wave, "See you soon." I send a polite smile. I'm being petty as hell. Is it bad that I wanted...to go? Possibly.

I shut off everything and lock up the classroom, walking out to see Munnsun.

"Did you just see who walked out!?" She whispers shouts and I shake my head, "no, Munnsun. I simply just let a stranger walk into the classroom and take the child. He's just here to pick up his daughter everyday, no big deal."

"A daughter!? Out of the two of you, I thought he was the most gay." I wave at the front desk workers as we walk out.

"No, I'm probably the gayest person on planet earth."

"Yeah, and you are only attracted to that ass!"

"Actually I was attracted. Past tense."