-+*Chapter Six*+-

Sugawara's POV

"Hello...?" Daichi's voice sounded sad, upset.

"Uh- hi...uhm is this a bad time? Are you okay?" Munnsun looks up from her phone and at me, confused.

"U-Uhm...actually, c-can you stay on the phone. I need it." I breathe in and out, "okay, well I was just making sure you went home okay..." Munnsun smiles before wrapping her arms around herself, mocking the kiss. I shake my head at her, rolling my eyes.

"Uhm, yeah...I'm home, did you?"

"Yeah, Munnsun and I did walk after all. I don't live that far from it either."

"Two miles isn't a lot?"

"Nope, not at all. Well, it's actually a mile and a half." Munnsun look at me and repeats what she did, this time I throw a pillow at her. The living room was mostly quiet, except for Munnsun's videos every now and then.

"Close enough." I shrug, "I guess it is, isn't it?"

"Suga?"

"That's me." He lets out a shaky chuckle, he was still upset at something, "I'm about to sound pathetic."

"I work with children, Daichi. Today I had a kid complain about how strawberry banana is better than vanilla. Which I do not agree with at all. I'm pretty sure, anything is less pathetic." He laughs, "good point..."

"Exactly it's-" Munnsun gets up and does more motions, annoying me, "uhm, I'm sorry- can you wait a minute?"

"Yeah." I put the phone down and hit her teasingly, "stop it."

"It's not my fault- ow!" I thrown a pillow at her, "fine." She walks upstairs and I hear her door shut, "alright. Let it out." A small sigh comes from the other side of the phone, "I-I'm sorry, and I'm saying this because there's no way you're stopping me from saying so. I'm sorry."

"And what is this apology for exactly?" 

"For...practically everything...I'm sorry." I was silent, unable to say anything.

"I- D-" I was stammering, so I decided to stay quiet. A small cry comes from the other side of the phone, "t-there's no reason to cry, Daichi...it's okay. Like I said, I'm over it. I forgive you..." it was his share of silence that made me speak again, "I don't want this to burden you, I promise I actually forgive you. It happened over a decade ago, the past is the past....please, stop crying..." I bit the inside of my cheeks again, getting anxious.

"O-Okay...okay..."

"Are you okay...?"

"Yeah..."

"Are you sure?"

"C-Can we talk about something else?"

"O-Oh yeah...uhm...it's been a long day hasn't it?" I don't know what to say...

"Yeah, it has."

"If I'm being completely honest, I don't know what to talk about."We both let out a breathy chuckle and I fumble with the fabric of the pillow that was placed on my lap.

"Uhm...it's late, I'm pretty sure both of us need enough rest."

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"Hm? Tomorrow?"

"O-Oh n-nevermind...it was a dumb idea..."

"Daichi. Again, bad liar." He mumbles inaudible things under his breath, "Mr. Sawamura, are you trying to plan a date?" I tease, knowing it wasn't true.