Chapter 28

Ginny, Fred and Ron rushed toward their parents. Angelina and Bonnie hung back, just out of earshot to give them space to be a family.
As the Weasley's were hugging and discussing the news, Lee had come back with Harry and Hermione. When they saw the family outside the hospital wing they felt a little awkward and wondered if they should come back in a few hours once the Weasley's had their time to process what was happening.

The group of 5 friends stood down the corridor slightly.
"Has anyone heard anything?" Asked Hermione, who seemed very pale.

"Not yet. Ginny, Ron and Fred haven't even seen George yet. Their parents just came out a few moments ago." Angelina explained quietly.

"This is all my fault." Lee said through his teeth, head down.

"You're mental Lee, how is this your fault?" Harry put a hand on his shoulder.

"I got him the ingredient he needed for this stupid product, and look what's happened!"

The group collectively shook their heads and comforted Lee who took a step back.
"I don't think I belong here. None of us do. We should just let them be a family."

"Mr Jordan I heard that! And I absolutely will not stand for it. You are all family. You've proven that by being here for George. Now stop being silly and come over here, we will fill you in." Mrs Weasley's stern voice called to them.

Bonnie had heard about how maternal and loving the Weasley mum was. But she never expected this.
As they shuffled over to where the red headed family stood, Mrs Weasley gave each one of them a quick squeeze and Mr Weasley gave a small smile and a curt nod.

When Mrs Weasley got to Bonnie she looked her up and down and smiled warmly at her.
"You're a new one my dear! What's your name?"

"Oh sorry Mrs Weasley, my name is Bonnie. I'm in Fred and George's year in Gryffindor" she held her hand out absent mindedly as a greeting.

"Call me Molly dear" she tutted, ignoring her outstretched hand and giving Bonnie a warm hug.
"Now. I've just told my children, but as you all have heard, George has had a bit of an accident. Madam Pomfrey is in there now with a Healer from St Mungo's who arrived a short time ago via Floo Powder. They think it wouldn't be in George's best interest to transport him to St Mungo's as he is quite... injured. He's badly burnt, very badly burnt." Molly's voice broke slightly and Mr Weasley took over speaking.

"With Fred's help we are going to tell the Healer what was in the product George was working on, in hopes we can help clear up his burns. Because as of right now, normal spells and potions don't seem to be doing much. George has been put under a sleeping spell so he will not wake until the agony is mostly gone."

Bonnie's breath hitched in her throat. She couldn't quite understand what all this actually meant. George could be asleep for days, even weeks, until they found a way to treat his wounds. She hoped they found a way, and soon.

"Can we see him mum?" Ginny begged, clutching her mother's arm.

"I don't think so Ginny, dear. He is quite a sight at the moment. It wouldn't be in anyone's interest to see him like this. I don't think he would want that either." She patted her daughters head gently.

Days passed slowly and Bonnie sobbed alone in her bed every night. She tried to comfort Ginny, Ron and Fred as much as she could, but especially Fred. She really felt for him. She could tell that he, just like Lee, blamed himself. He spent every spare moment he had feverishly getting together the ingredients that were in the product, researching what effects they may have, everything to try to make George better. Bonnie helped where she could and tried to make sure she was always around Fred. She could see he was one breakdown away from slipping into a deep depression. He missed George. They all did.

A week passed and nobody had been let in to see George. It made Bonnie's heart ache to picture him all alone down there. If they still couldn't see him, that meant he was no better.
Fred shared the owl he had received from his mum with the gathered group.

Hello all, hope this finds you well.
I know you're all hanging in there and I'm so proud of all of you. We are edging closer to being able to wake George up. I know we all can't wait to see him.
The healer has told me they are hard at work on a potion that will heal his burns. It won't be long now my dears.
I know this isn't the news you were hoping for, but I do hope you all keep your chins up.
I have included a few bottles of butterbeer to hopefully lift your spirits and bring you together.
Love to you all,
Mum xx

Fred produced the bag of butterbeers that came with the note. Silently they all took one and sat in the arm chairs around the fireplace.

Fred was the first one to speak.
"It's not what we wanted to hear guys but... no news is good news right?"
The group murmured their agreement.

"Kind of wish this was real beer. Could use a drink." Lee said, swirling his butterbeer in its bottle.

Not long after the last sip was taken, everyone moved to head to bed. Bonnie took the first step up to the dorms before Fred grabbed her arm and pulled her back down.

"Hey" he hissed. "We're going to see George."
Bonnie glanced around the empty common room.
"What? Who is?"

"You and me! C'mon."