❋Chara

~Video by Lia1291~

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋

Before the chapter begins, 

I'd like to thank you guys for sticking around for both Target Settled and The Eclipse Rebirth! The day this chapter is published is actually the anniversary that I have finished the main story for Target Settled (2 years!) So as a special, 2 chapters will be coming out this one and chapter 10, so stay tuned - Thank you guys again :)

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋

Chapter 9- Chara

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋

"...Tell me Chara..."

"Why do you hate humanity?"

To the child this was simple, their brother was so naive...humans are cruel and selfish, but as the monster's prince... it was understandable, most days Chara misses their brother's smiling face.

"Areeee we there yet?!" The yell then quickly turned into an echo, and it began to ring into the child's ears and they groaned as they turned towards the tar covered papyrus, then the replica snorted quietly.

"Honestly, why am I stuck with you two..." Chara sighed and pulled their skin on their face slightly.

"Well because-" "It was rhetorical!" Then both of the Papyrus's decided to shut their teeth, and Chara then stared off into the distance and something seemed to move. The child then instantly started to run towards it, and as they got closer to it the moving object seemed to be a portal that was glitching.

A way out... and the covered tar skeletons followed the child, and they all jumped through. They all landed in snow, and all groaned for a minute. Chara opened their eyes and looked around, to find they were in a familiar place, they slowly rise up and take a big breath.

"..You two better hide over there" They pointed towards the forest and the two tar covered skeletons looked at each other then at the child. "But-" "Just do as I say." Chara says cutting one of them off and they sighed, as they both get up and Chara swallowed slightly and kept looking around.

"...Tiny..human,you... know you can talk to us...?" One of them then puts their hand on Chara's shoulder and Chara stays still for a moment. "...Just go hide" The Papyrus's obeyed and went off to hide and the child with the green yellow striped shirt took another breath and walked staying out of sight.

They then noticed a small child, with a blue and pink striped sweater standing in-front of a house with a short skeleton and a tall skeleton. "Alright! Let's go in, the furniture won't move itself!" The tall skeleton exclaimed and rushed inside with the child following, the short one however stayed there and fell asleep.

"..Dumb comedian" Chara muttered but continued to stare for a moment. "Seems like they're moving...maybe they're on the surface" The child then received shivers as they noticed the skeleton wasn't asleep anymore and he slowly turned his skull towards where Chara was and immediately ducked and covered their mouth to stop any sounds... staying still, after about 3 minutes of complete silence and stillness, they heard something.

"Sans!! Stop sleeping come inside already!" Chara then peeked through, to see the short skeleton walking inside slowly and they hummed in response. They stood up and dusted off some snow that had been sitting on their clothes and went along their journey.

Seeing monsters smiling and laughing, made Chara's chest feel tight and they clutched on-to the heart locket they kept for what seemed a century, holding on-to it tight as they made their journey through the underground. Snow crunching slowly turned into soft grass then echos from stone... not letting go once.

Soon enough they made it towards the castle, hearing the empty halls echo as their shoes stepped on-to the tiles and stone, and lightly touching the walls as they walk by then walking down the stairs they stop in their tracks as they see 7 coffins. 

"...it was comfortable while it lasted" They muttered to themselves, and closed their eyes... "what went wrong?" they asked themselves and began to recall... their plan with Asriel to free the monsters and kill those humans from the village. A lot of things happened to fast, and after many genocidal resets... Sans seemed to be their last hope, but he fucked that up too.

"Looks like I have to do everything for myself... don't I Azzy?" and for what seemed a long time, Chara laughed quietly and held on-to the locket as tight as they could and tears began to spill.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋