Part 7: The Journey

Del came to when the sun had begun to set. He frantically looked around to find someone. He picked up his lightsaber off the floor and ignited it to make sure it still worked. Sure enough, it did, and Del released a sigh of relief. He had been looking around the village when he found Mira, slowly getting up from the fight.

"Mira! Are you alright?"

"Well, I don't think getting kicked in the head is good for you, but I think I'll live."

"We gotta find Coris. I think he's over here somewhere, come on."

Del gave Mira his hand and slowly helped her up. They both walked over to where Del believed Coris was. Sure enough, he was there, awake, but unable to move. Every slight movement he did was accompanied by a wince. He was barely able to tilt his head up to see Del and Mira.

"Well it certainly took you two long enough."

"You know you weren't the only one unconscious right?"

"Just, help me up will you?"

Del and Mira slowly lifted Coris up off the ground and to his feet. Still in pain, Coris slowly walked around to walk off his injuries.

"The village seems deserted." Mira said as she looked around the place, eerily quieter than usual.

"Let's look for survivors, Coris, see if you can find some speeders and supplies, we're gonna need out of here. I'm sure the Empire will be back to ensure there's no one else here."

Coris gingerly walked around to look for their speeders. He wasn't expecting to find any, on account of the Empire leaving little when they attacked a village like this. However, he was proven wrong when he found his speeder, and Del's speeder as well. He looked at both speeders to ensure they still looked in good shape. There was no use in them if they wouldn't run. Del and Mira looked all over the village for surviving residents, but they hadn't located any. Lifting up rubble, checking in rooms, and searching in nearby streets brought no results. Del and Mira looked at each other with a somber expression, fearing the worst, until they heard a groan from a nearby house. They rushed inside to find one man, still underneath some rubble from the fight, Mira and Del moved it off of him and Mira helped the man to his feet.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it."

"What happened here? All we can remember was the fight. Where is everyone?" Del asked.

"They were taken. The Imperial troops rounded them up and took them away in a prisoner transport. They took them to the capitol."

"What about the Inquisitor?"

"She left with them. Wait, weren't there three of you?"

"He's fine. He's looking for speeders and some supplies."

"I know we stashed some supplies in one of the farms. What are you planning to do?"

"We're not sure. But we have to get out of here before the Imperials comeback. You said that the remaining villagers were taken to the capitol?"

The survivor shook his head.

"Then we need to free them before it's too late. Is there anyone that can help us?"

"There is the rebel leader on the southern side of the planet, Commander Titus Thorn. He leads an organized rebellion against the Imperial presence, but had yet to attack the capitol. With your help, you can help him take the capitol, free the villagers, and rid the planet of its occupation."

"Do you have any other information about his whereabouts?" Mira asked

"I have this."

The survivor then pulled out a small hidden cartridge from his weapon, and opened it up. Inside was a small hologram emitter. He handed it to Del, who activated it. It showed a map of the planet, and a small marker was placed on the Southern Hemisphere, presumably where the rebel base was located.