Part 8: The Rebels

Morning came too soon for the sleeping Jedi. The sun finally rose over the horizon and birds were chirping. Del woke up first, followed by Coris. Mira was still fast asleep, and the other two had to pack up camp without her help. When all was stored away, Mira was still asleep. Del and Coris looked at each other and used the Force to take off the blanket. Mira awoke and immediately ignited her lightsaber. Expecting to be under attack, she was annoyed to find Coris and Del were the culprits.

"Don't you guys have any respect?"

"Sure we do! But not for people who don't help set up camp!"

"You're a terrible brother Coris. You know that right?"

"Oh, me and Del were just having a bit of fun."

"Sorry Mira. But we've got to get going."

"Well at least someone apologized!"

Del gave Mira a hand to help her up. They got on their speeders and slowly entered the forest. Taking speeders into a densely wooded area was generally a stupid thing to do. If you went slowly, it was no big deal, but the whole point of a speeder was to speed to your destination. Nevertheless, it was a better alternative to walking to a far away destination.

Carefully maneuvering their way around the forest, Del, Mira, and Coris made slow progress in arriving at the base. Del was on high alert looking for possible traps set for anyone in the dense forest. If anyone set up a rebel operation this deep in the woods, he was certain they didn't want to be found. Eventually, the trees became so dense that they were forced to lose the speeders, hiding them under some bushes and other foliage. They set out on foot, looking for the rebel base. Step after step taken with care, Del had sensed something was wrong, and wasn't quiet about it either. They trekked on, but all went quiet as Coris tripped over a hidden wire. The three could hear something winding up off to the right.

"Oh not good." Del said as he ignited his lightsaber. Then, a net was flung at the three. Using their lightsabers they were able to easily cut through, but that was the easy part. Seemingly out of nowhere, at least 40 armed troops surrounded the three Jedi, all blasters aimed at the suspicious visitors

"Well, what do we have here? Seems to me like you three are very lost." A voice called out from the trees

"We're looking for a Commander Titus Thorn. Do you know him?" Del said

There was an uproar of murmuring that came from the troops.

"Who'a asking?"

"We are. We came to ask for his help. We need to speak with him immediately." Mira chimed in

A man then dropped from the trees and revealed himself. He was of towering height, intimidating to look at, and the fire in his eyes matched his rough expression. He had two blasters holstered on his belt, one on each side. His jacket was faded with the years of combat experience and messy encounters. He sized up Del, who was standing right in front of him.

"How did you find us?"

"A villager gave us this."

Del handed Commander Thorn the small hologram map.

"He said to come find you, we need your help."

"Are you a Jedi?"

"We are."

"Then you don't need my help. I'm sure whatever it is, you three could handle it."

"They've taken villagers to the capitol. They're most likely going to be executed for treason. They're innocent people. We need your intelligence of the planet and the city if we are to mount a rescue." Coris said in an attempt to persuade the Commander