Part 15: Epilogue

The medical droid was hard at work making sure Del was recovering well. The hidden rebel base was much larger than that of the one on Calda, and had many more resources as well. Del's wound would leave a scar, but other than that, he was fine, and was let go by the medical team. Mira and Coris awaited his exit outside and, Del was quickly smothered by the two in a big hug. Mira held a hand to his face, where the scar was, but Del moved it away. He was grateful for the concern, but it was still too sensitive to touch. Del was now able to see clearly out of both eyes, but it took some intense work from the rebel medical team.

As the three walked away from the medical area, they ran into Commander Thorn.

"Thorn. I've actually been meaning to talk to you" Del said. "Listen, I'm sorry for what—"

"No Del, you don't need to apologize. I've actually come here to thank you. You stuck it out until the very end with my men. All of you did. You three were willing to risk your lives for them. For that, you have earned my respect. Thank you guys, for everything. Now get some rest, we're in this fight more than ever and will need all three of you at 100% for the next mission."

"Aye aye, Commander" Del said with a smile. The three Jedi walked back to their living quarters in the base, feeling like they belonged.
A feeling they had not felt in four years. It was no Jedi Order, but Del, Mira, and Coris were proud and happy to be a part of something good again.

Meanwhile, on the Enforcer, Thrawn was seated in one of the spare offices. Soon Admiral Tharen, Melenna, and Korran entered. Their eyes darting across the room looking for signs of punishments.

"Ah, yes. You three. Please, take a seat."

The three sat down apprehensively. Korran kept his hand close to his lightsaber, and Melenna was toying around with small amounts of lightning between her fingers, just in case Thrawn tried anything funny.

"I need not remind you of the recent failures on Calda. Not only did we fail to apprehend the Jedi and rebels. We have not been able to discover any trace of where they went. Their base is nothing but an empty building. The planet itself is in chaos and most likely to fall to insurgents. I give Governor Hardin two months before she loses control of the planet."

"But surely we'll be there to stop that from happening. There should be no need to worry Grand Admiral." Korran said

"Oh but there is Inquisitor. See, you three will not be returning to Calda. There are three Jedi on the loose and it is your duty and responsibility to hunt down and eliminate them. Otherwise, you would not be Inquisitors."

"Pardon me Grand Admiral, you said 'you three' and don't you mean 'us four'" Melenna asked

"You heard correctly Inquisitor. I will not be joining you in your hunt. I have other matters to attend to. Matters that cannot risk failure, unlike what has unfolded here. I wish you luck on your mission, and do know that I have informed the Emperor of what has happened."

"You've notified the Emperor?" Korran asked

"Oh yes, I figured that he had a right to know, considering this is Jedi business of course. I'm also aware of the fact that if you do not succeed in bringing in or terminating these Jedi in a timely manner, the Emperor will not hesitate to send in Lord Vader. I hear that Vader has little to no patience when it comes to these things, hates to see failure, and finds Inquisitors rather disposable should they fail to do their job."

The room was silent. The fear was so intense that you could cut through it with a knife.

"But I'm sure you three will handle the situation quite well. I'll be leaving the Enforcer effective immediately. You need not stand on ceremony for me any longer. You three are dismissed."

Thrawn left on his shuttle shortly after. Admiral Tharen was sending out multiple patrols to find the Jedi and rebels that had escaped her. Korran and Melenna were training in the sparring center to prepare for an intense fight with the Jedi. A sense of urgency filled the Enforcer, and as Admiral Tharen stared out into the stars before the ship jumped to hyperspace, she realized this was only the beginning of something larger. She would do everything in her power to capture the Jedi that had tarnished her reputation of success, no matter the cost.