Part 14: The Rescue

The Jedi were quickly stripped of their lightsabers. Korran fastened the lightsabers of Coris and Mira to his belt. Melenna handed the lightsaber of Del to Grand Admiral Thrawn. The rebel troops held their hands on their heads, while Commander Thorn was restrained and held at gunpoint. Thrawn stepped forward to speak to the prisoners.

"I must thank you Padawan Del Ennada. Yes I know you're real name. I know an awful lot about each of you. For instance I know that you, Del Komo, were the padawan to Jedi Master Falon Cormac. But back to my thanks, you have brought me every Jedi and a vast majority of the rebels on this planet. You have done a great service to the Empire."

"You can take my service and choke on it." Del said spitefully

"I can offer you a chance for you and your Jedi friends to walk away from this entire mess. I'm sure Padawans Mira and Coris Covell would appreciate that."

Del looked as best he could with one functioning eye at Coris and Mira. He knew that he and Mira and Coris were quite possibly the last Jedis in the galaxy. But he also sensed that it was a trap. But Del had a plan.

"Mira, can you hear me?"

"Del?? How are you doing this? How am I doing this???"

"No time to explain. I need you to get your lightsaber and Coris' from the Inquisitor. I'm going to fake taking the offer. I need you to sell it though. Got it?"

"Are you sure about this?"

"No. But it's our best chance to have a shot of fighting our way out of here. Trust me."

"Okay..."

"If I take your offer, you will ensure the survival of me and the other two Jedi, correct?"

"I assure you, no harm will come to your or your fellow Jedi."

"What's the catch?" Del asked

Thrawn handed Del his lightsaber and unlocked his handcuffs.

"I want you to execute Commander Titus Thorn here. Do this, and we will ensure your safe, untracked departure where you may disappear into the vast expanse of the galaxy, never to be disturbed."

Del took the lightsaber and activated it. He stared Thorn in the eyes.

"No, Del don't do it!" Mira yelled

"Del, what the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"I knew we should've never trusted you. You doomed us and this planet. Jedi filth" Thorn said, the hate filing his eyes.

"Shut up and get ready to grab a gun" Del said under his breath loud enough for only Thorn to hear.

Del raised his blade, Melenna smiled, and Thrawn smirked.

"You know Thrawn, I'm impressed you know so much about me. But one of your facts is wrong."

"Which would be what?"

"I am not the last apprentice. I am a Jedi Knight."

With one stroke, Del brought the blade down and cut right through Thorn's handcuffs. Thorn got up and immediately knocked out the nearest Stormtrooper and grabbed his blaster. Immediately he began firing on the surrounding troops. Del turned around and used the Force to launch Thrawn 30 feet back. Melenna and Korran turned around to see the Grand Admiral fly through the air and land on the concrete hard. While they were turned around, Mira used the Force to grab her and Coris' lightsabers. She cut her handcuffs, then Coris' and handed him his lightsaber. The three Jedi all ignited their lightsabers and were immediately enveloped in an intense fight. Blaster fire was going everywhere, rebels had grabbed weapons and started firing, others were using their bare hands to fight the Stormtroopers. Thrawn had gotten up and quickly retreated into the Imperial Headquarters. Melenna and Korran had ignited their double bladed lightsabers. The rebels, though armed with the stolen weapons, were still outnumbered. Even the three young Jedi looked around and saw that this fight could very well be their last. They were surrounded on all sides, vastly outnumbered. Then, things got much worse as an Imperial walker arrived to the scene. An AT-ST was never a welcome sight, and even more so for a group of rebels in the middle of an Imperial stronghold with no back up.