Part 9: The Trap

The capitol city of Andoridge had been an Imperial stronghold since the fall of the Republic. Many people native to Calda feared the capitol city. The only people you would find there were Imperials and Imperial loyalists of the planet. You only went there if it was absolutely necessary, and you would never be completely welcome by the locals of Andoridge. There were Stormtroopers all over the place on patrol, officers walking about, and Imperial probe droids floating around every street. The eyes of the Empire were everywhere, and little went on in the city without the Governor knowing about it.

Melenna and Korran had arrived when the full invasion and occupation took place. They had ridiculed the governor for his weak hold on the planet, and it took some convincing so that Korran didn't decapitate him on the spot. They had remained in Andoridge after the invasion, waiting for Grand Admiral Thrawn to arrive with new orders. It had been two weeks since their arrival and Thrawn was expected to arrive later in the day.

"Do you think we did everything right?" Korran asked as he and Melenna walked out to the hangar where a shuttle was landing

"Well, we'll find out today when we meet with Thrawn."

"The real question is, do you think they bought it? They are Jedi after all, don't you think they would be able to sense if something was off?"

"The Jedi Council themselves couldn't sense the true plan of the Emperor during the Clone Wars, and they were the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy at the time. Not even Master Yoda was aware of the plot to kill all the Jedi with Order 66 and dissolve the Republic and replace it with the Empire. Their vanity blinded them."

"Well yes, but these three have nothing to be vain about. How would they not recognize the underlying plot."

"You forget Korran, they still have compassion. That is what is keeping them from discovering the truth."

The two arrived at the hanger where the shuttle landed in front of them. Thrawn came down the ramp, still looking as imposing as ever. His cold analytical gaze swept across the room.

"I take it the plan has gone well?"

"Yes Grand Admiral. Everything seems to be falling into place."

"Very good Inquisitor. Bring Governor Sherman to the meeting. After all, this is his planet and his city, he should be advised as to what is to come."

As Korran and Thrawn made their way to the meeting room, Melenna went to find Governor Sherman. She entered his office to find him Cass staring out his window. He was a thick man with a strong build. He had a heavy mustache and always had a merciless look about him.

"Thrawn wants to see you."

"What have I done now?"

"Nothing. But you already knew that. Now get your ass out of that chair and follow me to the conference room."

Governor Sherman got up grumbling and followed Melenna to the room. They both entered and took a seat away from each other.

"Welcome Governor Sherman. I assume that your rule here has gone smoothly?"

"Up until the discovery of the Jedi, I was doing fine! I hope you have a plan to get rid of this problem!"

"I do indeed Governor. Thankfully, our Inquisitors here have discovered not only the last apprentice, but we will also be able to identify and crush the rebellion on the planet which you have failed to handle properly."

Sherman crossed his arms in anger and Thrawn sat back in his chair comfortably.

"Actually, Grand Admiral, there is more than one Jedi apprentice. There are three." Melenna said