Part 2: The Jedi

The villagers stared in shock as the Jedi Master revealed himself. Ever since he had arrived seeking refuge from Order 66, the village swore to help keep his secrecy, no matter the cost. He, in turn, helped with the village's small rebellion against the Imperial presence. He never wanted to get into anything large scale, but defending the village was perfect for him. He rarely had to use his lightsaber; and when he did, he made sure to strike down his enemy so as to keep his identity and location a secret. But all secrecy and anonymity were thrown out the window rescuing a local village boy. The Stormtroopers immediately lost all interest in the villagers as the let them go and formed behind Melenna and Korran, ready to receive new orders.

"So, the rumors were true. There was a Jedi hiding in his shame here" Melenna said with delight.

"Hardly looks like one of the 'heroes of old' that I've heard so much about" Korran said looking him up and down.

"Your eyes can deceive you. It seems as though they already have. I know what you used to be. The dark side cannot give you anything but pain and suffering" the Jedi said calmly.

"I'L SHOW YOU PAIN AND SUFFERING!!!"

Melenna, in a mad rage, jumped forward and crossed blades with the Jedi Master. The two matched each other strike for strike, unable to gain an upper hand or land any blow. Melenna was fast and agile with her attacks, but the Jedi Master's defensive style of fighting cancelled it out. The Stormtroopers created a perimeter around the two, ignoring the fact that some of the villagers had left into their homes. They grabbed their helmets and their guns. They knew that this could be their last stand, so they also said their goodbyes, just in case. As the villagers got into position on the roof and behind houses, one soldier whispered to another.

"You need to make sure the kids are safe."

"You think I can make it?"

"Not without a speeder."

"Don't you think they'll notice?"

"They're too preoccupied now, let alone when we get involved. Go now, and hurry!"

The soldier slung his gun over his shoulder and ran towards his speeder. With haste, he took of the tarp covering it. He did a rushed check of everything before starting it up. Much to his surprise, he left with no one noticing. Back at the village, the Jedi and Melenna had been locked in a fierce battle. Neither had given up or gained a significant advantage over the other.

"Alright, warm up is over. Time for the real fight to start" Korran said, drawing his lightsaber out and igniting it.

"Not really a fair fight now is it?"

"That's the point old man."

The Jedi Master chuckled at the arrogance of the female inquisitor. As he raised his blade to prepare himself for a much more difficult fight, the villagers attacked, firing at the Stormtroopers and even aiming at the Inquisitors at times. All hell had broken loose.

Meanwhile, the young soldier with a speeder had arrived at his destination, it was a small cave with some trees outside at the foot of a nearby mountain range. He got off of his bike to find three young adults, all practicing using the Force.

"You're doing it wrong Del."

"Says who? Last I checked Coris, you weren't a Jedi Master."

"You don't have to be a Jedi Master to know you're not doing it right."

"Oh Coris, just let him learn. He doesn't learn the exact same way you do."

"Mira, my way is the right way. What Del does shouldn't even be considered training."

"Hey, kids" the soldier finally spoke up.

"What happened?" Del asked apprehensively

"What?"

"There's fear in you, I can feel it."

"There's been an attack on the village. Your Master was helping defend when I left to come find you."

"Does this mean we get to finally help out?" Del asked, a twinkle in his eyes.

"No, you wouldn't want to help. I was given strict orders to come and protect you guys. This threat was serious."

"How serious?" Coris asked, his black hair moving with the breeze.

"Two people with lightsabers serious."

"And you didn't come sooner so we could help our Master?!?!" Mira said, her piercing gaze focused on the villager.

Just as he was about to explain himself, the Imperial Shuttle that had been in town flew over them.

"Oh not good..."

"What's not good?" Coris asked

"We need to get back now. Everyone get on" the villager said, motioning towards his speeder.

"It'll be a tight squeeze, but it's the fastest way to get back."

The three young Jedi climbed on to the speeder and took off towards town. When they finally arrived, there were looks of horror on their face. Coris immediately left the bike and rushed towards a group of villagers all huddled around something. Pushing his way through the crowd, Coris bent down and, immediately, his worst fears were realized.

"We're too late..." Del whispered