Part 3: The Funeral

The night was somber as graves were dug and a funeral pyre was prepared. Del and Coris gathered the wood and Mira was making sure the other villagers were doing okay as they could be. The Stormtroopers had been ruthless when it came to the battle. Almost all of the villagers who had chosen to stand up and fight had been killed. Those who had survived were either wounded, or had been spared by tragedy. The Imperials had left as soon as the Jedi Master was killed by the Inquisitors. Fortunately for the Jedi, the Inquisitors had not taken their Master's lightsaber. Del decided to keep it himself, and on this occasion, Coris didn't argue with him.

As the villagers gathered and said their goodbyes to the friends and family members in their graves, Del, Coris, and Mira had separated themselves from the rest to lay their Master to rest. Coris lit the torch and set the pyre ablaze. Wearing their Jedi Robes they had gotten after going back to the cave they had been hiding out in, they stood in silence, watching their Master become one with the Force. There were tears in Mira's eyes, and an occasional sniffle from her. She had never had to deal with loss before. Coris stared blankly into the pyre, looking for answers in the flames, but he could not find any. Del stood in between the two, the twinkle in his eye gone, like a burnt out star. As the fire finally died out, the Jedi walked away from the pyre, leaving their Master one last time.

The villagers, also returning from their funeral service, had invited the 3 young Jedi to stay in the village for the night. Del could sense the sincerity in their offer, as well as the fear. The three agreed and were each given a room at the local inn. Each of them had brought a bag from their cave with certain belongings, many of which had been given to them by their Master. As the night dragged on, the three Jedi resigned themselves to their respective rooms.

Del had entered his room without turning on the light. He carefully placed his bag down and now, when he was finally by himself, the tears came. It wasn't heavy sobbing, there were no screams of pain and sorrow, they were just silent, broken tears. Del was especially connected to the Jedi Master; after all, he was his first Padawan. His Master's name was Falon Cormac, and he was one of the best Jedi Masters at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Del had the pleasure of training with him, making his first lightsaber with him, and becoming a Jedi Knight with him. Though he was no longer a student, Del spent a lot of time training with his Master, perfecting his skills and learning to become an even better Jedi.

Del was about 5'7", a height he was actually very comfortable with, considering the other Padawans that grew up with him had all grown to be taller than him. He was also lean, which many said might be bad for him considering he looked to starved to be a Jedi. As he grew older the lean physique remained, but instead of bones, there were muscles. He had medium length black hair that often got in the way of his eyes and face. Coris had told him to wear a headband to put it up so it wouldn't affect him in training or in actual action, but Del wouldn't budge, claiming that since his hair didn't touch his shoulders, he had no need to put his hair up. Del had constructed a blue lightsaber in his training, and it had served him well before Order 66 occurred. He had been on a mission with Master Cormac when the clones attacked. They were able to hold them off, and using an unmarked ship, they escaped to the planet of Garel, where they met Coris and Mira.

Coris had sat on his side of the room still silent, a blank stare on his face. Mira was on the opposite side of the room, still crying quietly at the tragedy which had occurred. The two were siblings, something they treasured as much as their ability to use the Force. The Jedi Council had been skeptical about letting them join the Order for fears of them being too attached to each other. In the end, Coris was tested in his Jedi Trials, having to go through what it would be like to lose Mira. To the surprise of many Council members, Coris passed and rightfully obtained his title of Jedi Knight. Mira had not yet taken her Jedi Trials, meaning she was still a Padawan. She had been due to take her Trials, but Order 66 occurred. Her and Coris had been at the temple when it occurred. They narrowly escaped on a stolen shuttle and jumped to hyperspace to the shuttle's last known destination. Arriving on Garel, they had no idea what was waiting for them. They tried their best to blend in, but it wasn't long before some Clone Troopers discovered and identified them as Jedi. Coris and Mira ran as fast as their legs could carry them, but eventually were cornered in a warehouse. Out numbered 40 to 2, the siblings drew their lightsabers, Coris brandishing his green blade and Mira her blue blade. They knew this was most likely the end, but would fight together til the last. Fortunately, Del and Master Cormac had sensed a disturbance and came to the rescue of the siblings.

Coris was lean and tall, 6'2" to be exact. He had messy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He wielded a green lightsaber, one he made after seeing Master Yoda use his lightsaber during a lesson at the Jedi Temple. Mira was was the shortest of the three, being 5'3" and lean as well. She had soft, caring green eyes and straight brown hair. She wielded a blue lightsaber, inspired by one of her favorite Jedi Masters, Obi Wan Kenobi. Unless you knew, you could never tell Coris and Mira were siblings. Coris looked almost exactly like his father and Mira her mother. Their Master had died defending the Jedi Temple when Order 66 was enacted. For better or worse, Coris and Mira were not there to see his death. Master Cormac had assumed responsibility for training Mira after rescuing her and her brother. He had also decided to ensure that Del and Coris kept their paths of being good and responsible Jedi Knights.

But that was all over now. Master Cormac was dead. The Empire had once again taken everything from the three young Jedi. As the night grew long, all three decided to get to try and get some sleep. Coris laid wide awake, still in disbelief and uncertainty. Del was trying to sleep, but kept tossing and turning, unable to get comfortable, his mind still grappling with the fact that his Master was gone. The night was silent, and the twin moons provided a radiant glow. The only disturbance on this seemingly perfect night, was the small sound of someone crying that came from Mira's side of the room at the inn.

Face claims for the Characters so far

Del

Mira

Mira

 Coris

Coris