Part 1: Arrival on Calda

The sun had risen just like any other day. People had gone out to do their jobs, pay their debts, and go about doing business as usual. Calda was a particularly rural planet, with small towns scattered across the planet. The only major city was the capital city. Few ships ever landed on Calda, the only ones being the usual merchants and traders and the incredibly rare Imperial Shuttle that only travelled to the capital city.

It had been about 4 years since the rise of the Empire and fall of the Jedi Order. The Galaxy had been in a bit of disarray. The constant patrols and searches from Stormtroopers made citizens uneasy and uncomfortable. Many were outraged, with the majority of Imperial loyalists living in the capital city. However, a movement of insurgence had been growing on Calda.

These rebels used guerrilla tactics to upend Imperial operations on Calda, disrupting supply routes to give the Imperial supplies to villagers, stopping Stormtroopers from raiding villages, and the occasional firefight with an actual squadron to defend innocent people. No one knew exactly who these insurgents were, and those part of the group were tight lipped about their involvement. During a skirmish with Imperial forces, a witness claimed to see the leader wielding a lightsaber, the ancient weapon of the Jedi. Word spread fast and eventually, an Imperial Shuttle landed at the town with the most history of being a battleground between the rebels and the Stormtroopers.

"I hate coming to these worlds. They're disgusting and pointless."

"Oh come now Melenna, you should be happy we get to abuse some innocent villagers. Does wonders for you."

"That Jedi better be here. That's the only reason I agreed to come Korran."

"If he's not here, you can kill the man who claimed to see him. Would that make you feel better?"

"Possibly."

The boarding ramp opened and the villagers crowded around the ship.

"Right then, let's get this over with."

The two Inquisitors put on their helmets and walked out into the crowd. Many were frightened. They had seen Stormtroopers before, but there was something terribly more sinister about these Imperial Troops

"Ladies and gentlemen, we need you all to line up in single file please. This is everyone right?"

Silence.

"Right then, line them up men."

Stormtroopers that had accompanied the inquisitors forced the villagers to lineup side to side single file against their will. An older man was forced to the end of the line for no reason other than the Stormtroopers saw him as no threat.

"So, we have a couple of questions if that's alright for you?"

Again, a deafening silence.

"WHERE IS THE JEDI!" Melenna screamed. "Tell us now or we start executing!!!" Two Stormtroopers forced a man to the ground, blasters pointed at his head.

"I'll ask again. Where is the Jedi?"

No one answered, which resulted in a sound of blaster fire and the thud of a body hitting the ground.

"We'll keep doing this until we either get an answer or run out of people." Korran said dryly

The Stormtroopers grabbed another man, forced him to his knees, and pointed their blasters at his head. Again the inquisitors asked where the Jedi was, and again no one answered and another life was lost. Seeing the fear in their eyes, Melenna grabbed a little boy, no older than nine, and forced him to his knees. She activated her lightsaber and raised it up.

"I'll ask one more time. WHERE IS THE JEDI!"

No one answered the question, but many were screaming for mercy for the child. Stormtroopers held back the villagers. All they could do was watch in horror. As Melenna prepared to deliver the killing blow, the old man at the end of the line used the Force to pull the child towards him and out of harms way. He ignited his blue lightsaber lightsaber and sent the child to his parents.

"I'm right here."