Chapter 12

Rose's POV:

After my breathing had evened out an I had finally calmed down they laid me back on the bed. I looked around and noticed the girl from earlier along with an older couple and and two of the men from the woods. All attention was on me which made me very uncomfortable.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" Asked the older woman as she came to sit at the edge of the bed.

I slowly backed away into the head bored to keep a distance from the approaching persons.
I was afraid. I had never done well around new people, and after everything I've been through that fear has only gotten worse.

"It's ok love, no one will hurt you!" Said the man who I assumed was the alpha because of the power radiating off of him. As he reached his hand out to touch mine i flinched back and let out a whimper. I did not want to be hurt again. The mans eyes turned dark and he stormed out of the room. It frightened me. How could I have been so stupid! Now I had angered another alpha. Surly he would kill me for the disrespect. I cowered at the thought. Ila cried out hopping he would come back. She wanted the loving touch of her mate, but all we had ever known the hateful beatings. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

"Oh honey please don't cry. I'm sorry about that idiot." Said the older woman, referring to apparently my mate, who stormed out.

I looked up at her and saw that she had short brown hair with hints of gray showing her age. She looked at me with a kind smile. Being around her reminded me of my own mother. She just gave off those motherly pheromones. I began to relax. That's when my stomach let out a loud growl. Some chuckles came from the remaining people in the room and I began to blush.

"It's alright darling. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. How about we go down stairs and make you some soup and fill that skinny tummy of yours. You look like you haven't eaten in days." She exclaimed.

If only she knew.

Ryder POV:

"I can't believe I'm such an idiot!" I yelled to myself. How could I have done that to my sweet mate. She was clearly scared, but you had to go and try to touch her didn't you! STUPID!

"Go back to mate! She needs us!" Yelled Xander.

After I stormed out of the room I made my way down stairs to the living room so that I could try to calm myself down so that I didn't scare her anymore than she already was. Something clearly has hurt and frightened my mate and when I find out who did it there will be hell to pay!

"Hey."

I turned to see Miles in the door way looking concerned. He knew that when someone hurts the people I love shit go's down!

"I'm sorry I stormed out like that." I told him, feeling guilty.

"It's not me you should be apologizing to." Miles said, raising his eyebrows.

I knew he was talking about my mate. Hell! I didn't even know her name yet. When I ran back up stairs to my room a panicked when there was no one there. I quickly followed her sweet sent to the kitchen where and found her with my mother and sister. They were cooking while she sat on the stool by the island and watched. She looked so broken, but at the same time so beautiful. When she noticed I was there she and I briefly made eye contact before she pulled her eyes away from mine. Xander let out a whimper. We were afraid that maybe she was not as attracted to us as we are to her. We wanted her to run into our arms and let us love, provide, and protect her, but she has clearly been through more than we know. So we will give her all the time she needs. I just hope it's soon. I don't even know her, but I'm already so hopelessly in love with her.

To be continued...

Don't forget to check out my new story, "Guardian" on my page!
Thanks for the support!
~Fay the Day