Chapter 3

Rose's POV:

There sat my gorgeous mat in all his glory.  His bright blue eyes were mesmerizing. We sat there in silence for a moment when Beta Jake climbed into the driver seat and started the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked, confused.

"To my pack." Alpha Colten stated simply.

I was a bit shocked at his answer. He had not even acknowledge me since I got In the car and now I was just going home with him?

" I don't have any of my things, and what about my parents? That won't know where I am they might worry." I lied. I didn't want my mate to know about the abuse. As least not yet.

"Don't worry about that. We will have clothes for you at my pack and I have already spoken to your father." He said without even looking at me.

My chest tightened at his coldness. Ila was as confused as I was at his attitude towards us.

"I see."

After the short interaction there were no words spoken for the rest of the ride. Some times silence between mates isn't very awkward and is just A comfortable silence where you can just enjoy the other's presence. But this was not the case. The whole ride I was feeling anxious and afraid that maybe my mate didn't like me, but Ila would always chime in and tell me everything would be alright. I decided to rest till we got there to try and clam my nerves. That was not a good idea.

~~~~~~~flash back~~~~~~~

" YOU WORTHLESS PICE OF SH*T! I TOLD YOU NEVER TO BE LATE!! YOU STILL HAVE TO MAKE DINNER, DO THE LAUNDRY.... etc!!!" My father yelled, as he through me to the ground kicking my stomach and probably breaking my ribs.

Veronica just sat in the living room and continued to let the beating go on. They had been married for a year and a half now and I don't think it could get any worse.

The reason my father was so angry was because I was 3 minutes late getting home from school today because some kids were making fun of me on the way out of school making me Just miss the bus. Which meant I had to shift into my wolf to run home as fast as I could. Ila is a beautiful brown wolf with natural blond highlights. (Picture up top)

I whimpered in pain as I tried crawling out of his reach, but the beating didn't stop till he said so. When he finally did get bored he walked away from my beaten and bloody body on the kitchen floor and made his way over to his wife. They never care enough to check on me or help me clean my cuts or even simply check if I was still alive. If anything they probably would have preferred if i died right then and there.

Once I gained back consciousness I limped back to my closet of a bedroom and began bandaging my wounds. Tears poured down my face involuntarily.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I cried. I was only 14, while other girls my age were going to the mall and hanging out with friend here I was tending to bruises the size of tennis balls. I laid my head down on my pillow and prayed to the moon goddess I wasn't 16 yet so I hadn't gotten my wolf yet but I still know about mates. I prayed to the moon goddess for my mate every night. I hoped he was healthy and happy unlike me. I hoped I would meet him soon. When I finally fell asleep I dreamed of him. I dreamed of how we would meet and our future together and how happy we would be. But then i would wake up and realize I was still living In This hell some would call a home.

~~~~~~~~end flashback~~~~~~~

I woke up to beta Jake shaking me telling me to wake up.

"We are here. Come on, I'll show you to your room." Said beta Jake.

I looked to my left to find an empty seat. Ila whimpered.

"Where is alpha Colten?" I asked, wanting to be with my mate.

"He has probably already gone to sleep." Beta Jake told me.

My heart fell a bit to think that he had just left me still asleep in the car for his beta to deal with.

"Maybe he was just really tired and he just didn't think about it." Ila told me, trying to lift my spirits.

I followed beta Jake to my room still half asleep. When I got there I flopped onto the bed and went straight to sleep.

To be continued...
Thanks for reading!💜😁

Sorry about the short chapters. Still trying to figure out where this story is going. 😅
So I'm just posting as much as I have at the moment.  Thanks for your patience!